Wanted: a car that is small, cheap and carries cargo!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Yes! I often joke to my wife that if the neighbors saw us, they would be laughing at us something silly, this being in the more remote area where people drive trucks and such! The other day we got a notice that we had to get rid of this one type of weed or we would fined by the state. I mowed the field by the tractor but the weeds in question would bend down and not get fully mowed. So here I was, driving the land rover all over the field, pulling them one by one! :D In high setting, it has no trouble navigating the field. But there is nothing like a black land rover trolling over left and right. Let's hope no one took pictures to send to the local paper, complaining about city slickers :D.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
That's just too funny!

Okay how about the Club Car Carryall (gas or electric) with the Cab option for when it rains? Just keep your tree hitting nephew away from the cart keys. ;) ;) ;)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Amir, just move out from the States, and come live in Canada.

Here you can grow anything, and you can let wild weeds go rampant anytime! We are a civilised country! :)

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I am tempted Bob. I get this nastygram in the mail saying I have to get rid of this weed or else face a big fine in two weeks. Now, this is our vacation house so I can't exactly go out and rip out the weeds that minute. So we make that trip. As I am driving towards the house, I see the same weed on every road and in one out of every four lots! We got rid of ours and went there again this weekend. And guess what. No one has cut down the weeds but us! They are all over the roads just the same and visibly so given the beautiful yellow cluster of flowers it has.

I went to a fair a couple of weeks ago where there was a booth from that county and the guy there said they would come and help get rid of weeds for homeowners. We couldn't use that service of course since we don't live in that county. Instead, we get a nastygram.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
That doesn't sound fair at all!

* To me it sounds like someone's taking advantage of you and is after your money!
Be careful, there are crooks in your country that would do anything to steal from you!
Perhaps you should investigate on the origin of that 'nastygram'.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Are you dealing with the dreaded home owners association? They bring fear even in the hearts of lawyers.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
No, not the HOA. This is our vacation house in a somewhat rural area. We learned our lesson about HOAs in our first house. We bought a townhouse in florida.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Maybe I missed it who's the bully?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I hope I'm wrong. it may not be over yet.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Very cheap right now! :)
Was then too :(. We bought it for $65K. Sold it to the relocation company for $55K, thinking it would be hard to sell. Well, we were right. A year later we went back and the thing was still empty with a lock box! We were lucky to have bought a townhouse then as condos simply did not sell used.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Yes! I often joke to my wife that if the neighbors saw us, they would be laughing at us something silly, this being in the more remote area where people drive trucks and such! The other day we got a notice that we had to get rid of this one type of weed or we would fined by the state. I mowed the field by the tractor but the weeds in question would bend down and not get fully mowed. So here I was, driving the land rover all over the field, pulling them one by one! :D In high setting, it has no trouble navigating the field. But there is nothing like a black land rover trolling over left and right. Let's hope no one took pictures to send to the local paper, complaining city slickers :D.
bhmay1-1..jpg

AMIR you need one of these

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
AMIR you need one of these

One step ahead of you. This is what I have:

:D

This is what I mow the field with. The problem is, it is too tall to park in a normal garage. The ROPS (metal protection) goes too high. It nearly destroyed the garage the first time I tried to pull in not realizing it was that much taller :).

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
What part cuts the grass? If that's the lawnmower I hope you don't hunt.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Neither. It is an accessory that mounts underneath the tractor itself. You can see a version of it here:

It is an incredibly powerful unit. I ran over rebar that was vertically in the dirt like a post that was one inch thick and the thing sheered it off without me even knowing it! Sadly, it also tore off the sprinkler that was next to it also. :(

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I'm starting to like this thread very much so; farming! :) :cool: ...Next, treeplanting machine! :D
Done that too :). One of the main motivations behind the backhoe was to be able to dig the 40 ditches for our fruit trees. Can't image doing that work without it.

Need your help Bob on trimming the trees properly :).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing