VYGER now available in the US

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
In the videos i can listen immediately the dynamic,speed,details of Vyger

Giuseppe says Ciao to you back over in Italy....he comes home to Rome tomorrow.

108CY

May 4, 2013

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Today we switched from the Koetsu to the Etna SL....this video is the VYGER with the Etna SL, BUT both Giuseppe and I prefer the Koetsu on the VYGER. We are changing it back now.

I will be getting the VYGER phono stage in a month and also probably a ZYX cartridge and all VYGER cables for the systems.

Last edited:
Reactions: zerostargeneral

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Would be interesting to hear AF1p on the same song.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Would be interesting to hear AF1p on the same song.

A little later today maybe, right now I have the VYGER/Coralstone playing through the Jadis JP80/JA200's>>>Alsyvox.

Last edited:

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Same set up as video above but with Jadis JP80/JA200's and Alsyvox Tintoretto and the AF1P/Graham/Etna SL ....for you Tang:)

Reactions: christoph

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Same set up as video above but with Jadis JP80/JA200's and Alsyvox Tintoretto and the AF1P/Graham/Etna SL ....for you Tang:)

You are the coolest dealer Bob. Showing the home made videos is just plain sincere with no fears. I happen to own both carts so I can sort out attributes of each tt pretty well. Very different presentation. If the Atlantis was in my system it will play very big.

Thanks very much sir,
Tang

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
You are the coolest dealer Bob. Showing the home made videos is just plain sincere with no fears. I happen to own both carts so I can sort out attributes of each tt pretty well. Very different presentation. If the Atlantis was in my system it will play very big.

Thanks very much sir,
Tang

Thank you Tang!!!

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Thanks very much sir,
Tang
I would have guessed half a year ago that you already have one in the meantime ;):p:cool:

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Thanks Bob. Congratulations on the Vyger. I prefer the Vyger/Coralstone combo. It is crisper and more natural sounding, IMO. The Vyger and Etna is a bit sluggish and bloated sounding. I can't tell what is most responsible for the sound on the AF1, the table, the arm, or the cartridge, but the Vyger/Coralstone is my favorite. These videos are fun, if not the most representative of the actual sound.

108CY

May 4, 2013
Thanks Bob. Congratulations on the Vyger. I prefer the Vyger/Coralstone combo. It is crisper and more natural sounding, IMO. The Vyger and Etna is a bit sluggish and bloated sounding. I can't tell what is most responsible for the sound on the AF1, the table, the arm, or the cartridge, but the Vyger/Coralstone is my favorite. These videos are fun, if not the most representative of the actual sound.

In my humble opinion the Vyger/ koetsu has more body in the upper midrange especially and a natural sense of scale overall more to my liking, with greater flow overall more involving the sound on the techdas is a bit more closed in and tightly focussed. The Vyger has a greater sense of texture and wider soundstage and depth. The differences are quite apparent.

Vienna

VIP/Donor
The sound difference is well presented and pronounced.
Very Impressed with Vyger and Coral stone. I am in the market for a new turntable and I would get a Vyger without a second thought but I hate the idea of air compressor, air tubes and the associated troubles.

108CY

May 4, 2013
Very Impressed with Vyger and Coral stone. I am in the market for a new turntable and I would get a Vyger without a second thought but I hate the idea of air compressor, air tubes and the associated troubles.

Having lived with compressors, refrigerators, surge tanks and industrial filters for the past 35 since the age of 10 years, you will be alright with the relatively fuss free vyger compressor I would not let that put you off one bit.

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Having lived with compressors, refrigerators, surge tanks and industrial filters for the past 35 since the age of 10 years, you will be alright with the relatively fuss free vyger compressor I would not let that put you off one bit.
Some videos like this one
, plus extensive experience are stopping me.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

Other than finding a space for the compressor and the control box interface, there really is nothing to even think about regarding either noise from the compressor/vacumn. Once installed there is nothing to do but spin vinyl.

The compressor is pretty much dead quiet as well. Even if you put your hand on the compressor you cannot tell that it is operating.

A few years ago I would never have considered having a air compressor/vacumn pump. I thought of it all as a "science project".....then I heard the VYGER and then investigated the complete system. After now living with it for months I don't even know the compressor exists in the room, other than it does take a "space" in the room.

Reactions: Vienna

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Some videos like this one
, plus extensive experience are stopping me.

The video is from 6 years ago. Three generations of the compressor ago. The latest compressors are sealed and require zero maintenance. If there is anything to be done it would be done by a dealer or Giuseppe personally depending on the location of the table/compressor.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
These videos are fun, if not the most representative of the actual sound.

From my experience with silly home made Samsung videos on youtube, you hear what you hear. Only in real system you hear and feel more. Videos can screen which system sound interesting which is not. If cant even get to sound interesting on video, will take magic to sound good in real.

Reactions: 108CY and Rhapsody

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Reactions: christoph

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
From my experience with silly home made Samsung videos on youtube, you hear what you hear. Only in real system you hear and feel more. Videos can screen which system sound interesting which is not. If cant even get to sound interesting on video, will take magic to sound good in real.

When I think about the difference in the sound from the Samsung phone/YT video and what I am hearing in the room, I feel that the video captures about 10% of the actual experience in the room, BUT as you say Tang, somehow the sound can be "interesting" or not, which might warrant an in room experience if/when possible.....or not:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing