Vyger Atlantis - my new turntable :)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Please elaborate, Bill gave up his VYEGER too, is there a British problem ?
Where do you want to start re the British? First, we don't just tolerate, we *really* love queueing...

• Haha
Reactions: Lagonda

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
It's not are they going to take on the brand, more important will be they keep it. New dealers have little experience with long time reliability too ! I am sure the profit margins are great. The only VYGER (a Indian) i have seen in real life, was in a Italien audioshop where i purchased a MBL 9011 amp. It was a beautiful boat anchor that could not be played because of mechanically / air problems, could have picket it up for under $10K :oops:

that was a vyger generation 1, I saw it too.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Which wasn’t the point I was making .being , that is a dealer operating within the upper strata of the High End audio retail market really going to take on a brand with as poor a rate of “frustrating issues” as @zerostargeneral is alluding to ?

Rhapsody has been a dealer for years, before the latest version.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Which wasn’t the point I was making .being , that is a dealer operating within the upper strata of the High End audio retail market really going to take on a brand with as poor a rate of “frustrating issues” as @zerostargeneral is alluding to ?
It’s Italian, you have to suffer for the love…having owned a Maserati I know what I am talking about ;)

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
It’s Italian, you have to suffer for the love…having owned a Maserati I know what I am talking about ;)
Maserati, Ferrari, Alfa Romeo — beauty and passion and performance, with a somewhat “quirky” nature. Italian women also share these qualities (forgive me for stereotyping!)

• Haha
Reactions: Johan K and Lagonda

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A

My point is that Rhapsody was not taking on the brand as you suggested in your post. They had been a dealer already before the latest version.
I was specifically referring to a high end dealer continuing with the brand and the new gen TT / Titan , surely were there an intrinsic historical problem with said brand why would they ?

Last edited:

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
I am Italian but never bought Italian car, the only one Lancia Delta in 1980 but had many troubles
Then with Mercedes and BMNW never had problems, but I am very sorry for you for Italian women
Oh don’t be sorry for me Gian … It was worth every scar :) … The automobiles also !

Reactions: Bobvin

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Ahhhh … which renders the rest of your considerations irrelevant
Don't worry, it was the SET version of the amp made for people like you suffering from tubophillia ! :)

IMG_2324.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
  • Haha
Reactions: Johan K and Lagonda

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
Vyger is a very complex machine with vacuum hold down, air bearing, linear tracking etc. The logical thing to do is buying Japanese counterpart of this complex machine or skipping air bearing, vacuum etc and buying a turntable with conventional topology. It’s like Fiat vs Toyota.

IMHO sticking with conventional, non complex turntables is safer.

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Vyger is a very complex machine with vacuum hold down, air bearing, linear tracking etc
Hmmmm … I can appreciate your point , however the functions you refer to are not exactly unknown in the history of higher end turntable design and production , for instance I certainly wouldn’t consider a linear tracking tonearm to be particularly complex instrument !
One mans complex might be considered another mans feature rich.

Reactions: mtemur

Tangram

Nov 10, 2022
With mechanical devices like cars and turntables, timely service support definitely factors into my buying decisions. Not to pick on Vyger, but as a Canadian, if I bought one from, say Rhapsody Audio in the U.S. and the vacuum pump needed repair, could this be done without sending it back to the factory? The thought of going without a turntable for an extended period doesn’t sit well with me.

Reactions: mtemur

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Did you place two tubes of your IO Eclipse on it for the photo?
Yes, don't need them in the Io, it is never working anyway ! Tubes are just window dressing anyway ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Johan K and bonzo75

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing