Vitus Master Stereo MP-S 201 ... Munich 2014 Debut

TP1

Apr 2, 2014
Okay - Whispers heard :)

As someone already mentioned (and no we pay NOONE for spreading ANY information) we will remove all specs from all our material in short future for the same reasons.

I think the lack of specs could lead to problems. For example, I was considering purchasing a Vitus power amplifier using a tube preamp for the near future until I could upgrade. However I discovered that the input impedance of the power amp was only 600 ohms , which would not have been compatible with the 600 ohm output impedance of the preamp. This information is not on the Vitus website and i only came across it by chance.

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
I think the lack of specs could lead to problems. For example, I was considering purchasing a Vitus power amplifier using a tube preamp for the near future until I could upgrade. However I discovered that the input impedance of the power amp was only 600 ohms , which would not have been compatible with the 600 ohm output impedance of the preamp. This information is not on the Vitus website and i only came across it by chance.

Atma-Sphere (tube) electronics support the 600 ohms balanced line standard, which allows very long runs of interconnects with negligible effects or sonic degradation. The MA-2 monoblocks have an input impedance switch for either high (100 Kohms single-ended, 200 Kohms balanced) or low (600 ohms) input impedance. The MP-1 and MP-3 drive 600 ohms very well.

Last edited:

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

1 of the best systems at KLIAV 2014 Malaysia, if not the best with Rockport Avior driven by Vitus MPS with Sperling TT . Cabling by Goebel

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'd take the 4 piece set of masterpiece monos

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Going by what Hans said, the MPS's are MPMs in one chassis with a different degree of regulation. As real estate isn't an issue for me I'd go with the MPMs. As for price, I think anybody with the coin to pay for MPS can stretch the budget enough and go MPM. The question is, would the budget allow for a new room or even a house around that room. Hans did say he built the MPS for people that wanted MPM performance without having to give up as much space. Stacking MPMs isn't recommended AFAIK.

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Very good video good pics great input from Vitus one big amp I would love to hear that some day Jazz head great thread I do not care if it is the best or greatest it is just a cool piece of gear done right WOW
+ 1 :)

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
I wonder if Hans will follow up the "Mother of all amps" with the "Father of all amps"? :cool:

10498257_487949961349986_1548494837327134141_o.jpg

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
LL21, I know from personal experience the Ultra 5's have great synergy under Vitus products, and there is no doubt the U5's would kill the factory feet, however I have reservations about installing them sloped side down. U5's sound best sloped side up imho. And Stillpoints were obviously listening as new stock U5's now have threading on both the bottom and top of the foot (as denoted by a blue dot on the side of the box). As usual, thread adaptors can be ordered to suit various applications. This is a better solution all-round as it allows the U5's to be installed in the superior sloped side up orientation, whilst the larger diameter thread should make the thread adaptor stronger. I know of one other audiophile who installed U5's sloped side down under his Magico speakers & bent a couple of the thread adaptors 'walking' his speakers into place, so that is another positive. It also permits the option of installing the Ultra bases, adding height adjustment whilst further improving the U5's performance.

In summary, yes definitely the best feet under what is one of the best ss stereo amps in world, though if it were me, I would not pre-install the feet, but rather supply a set of 4 U5's in the box with thread adaptors to screw them in (ssu) if desired. That said, I would personally install them with the optional Ultra Bases straight under the chassis & experiment till I found the best location.

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks, Bodhi. Very interesting observation...other than my X1s which were installed like the Vitus because mine have threads on one side only...all of my other ones are installed just as you describe...slope side up.

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
YW LL21, the update to the U5's came at the perfect time for me. I have a big update coming in the next 2.5 months & will post a system thread at that time. This update will include extensive use of Stillpoints throughout my system. Stay tuned! ;)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
YW LL21, the update to the U5's came at the perfect time for me. I have a big update coming in the next 2.5 months & will post a system thread at that time. This update will include extensive use of Stillpoints throughout my system. Stay tuned! ;)

Good luck!!! I am reasonably extensive myself in Stillpoints (29 Ultra 5s) and HRS (2 M3X isolation bases and numerous NIA/Couplers)...isolation has been a year long project well worth it.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

About a month ago I have the privilege to audition 3 Vitus products. I was particularly interested to try out Vitus Masterpiece Phono. We started by inserting Vitus MPS . At 125kg its really tough to carry the giant 1 floor up to my dedicated audio room. After a few songs I started some serious listening . I was blown away to state it mildly . Try listening to Nneena Freelon Live album . Such emotional rendition of Tears of the clown. When Nneena is singing at the centre , try listening to the bass below her. I have never heard the low bass sounded so so good . Try it . Another song I love to listen to is Era -The Mass , Don't you forget . It begins with 2 persons having a conversation . With Vitus , the accent is so clearly pronounced ( I was told Irish accent ) . Mind u , I didn't managed to optimise the set up since I needed to connect my Goebel PC ( another must buy if you love propulsive bass ) to a furutech distributor due to length issue . It would be too much hassle to move my 107kg Gryphon Mephisto .
Next I added the phono Vitus MPP played thru Axiom tonearm mated with Ikeda Kai & AFO, My system went up another level . 2 of my audio buddies have been asking to visit my system for quite sometimes . With the best SQ I ever had in my set up , I promptly invited my buddies for a 3 straight hrs session . At the end of the session , my friend Ariff ( not into super duper high end but a veteran audiophile ) told me " Buy the Amp" . That's how good he felt was the amp. Alas, the entry ticket is pretty pretty high..... Thinking , thinking & thinking ... We listened to the syst using Vitus Signature preamp. Imagine if its a Vitus Masterpiece pre or audio note M10 signature or FM 268c - salivating
Whether it's Class A, AB or Z , who cares so long it sound good & it sounded damn good . Hearing is believing

Last edited:

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Is it placebo or is it real improvement in sound with using footer like Still points SS or 5's.

Don't get me wrong, if I put Stillpoints SS under my Momentum Stero amp it seems to make a positive difference. OTOH, If I remove and one hour later does it really sound worse than with Stillpoints?
No it does not not. Both sound good and the difference is small in overall sound quality.

What does this mean?

Obvious reason is my system is not resolving. I do not belive that BS for one second.

Do Stillpoints and other footers etc real fundamentally change the sound fundamentally of any well designed component or is placebo linked to price in place?

Listen to your expensive tweaks, then remove tham and tell me if anything fundamentally changes in the musical delivery?

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
XV-1 , you have me confused , wrong thread by any chance ?

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Perhaps might be better under Still points thread!

But the fact that still points have such a positive effect on very expensive gear needs to be questioned IMO.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Audioblazer , OT but had to ask , I see the Stein Harmonisers in your room . What config are you running , any feedback ? thanks

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Wow Audioblazer!!! How does the Vitus Masterpiece amp compare with the Gryphon Mephisto?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing