Visit to Rhapsody Audio Brooklyn

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Going from rural NC to Brooklyn nyc or Manhatten is an extreme change. but in just a few days in each location the change fades
where bob’s place is very unique his block is semi closed no through traffic. A terrific huge park across the street.
many stores and restaurants one can walk to.
then to add a couple of miles into nyc with no toles. it’s really a perfect place if one can afford it.

I’ve known bob for years. A true gentleman and cool dude to be around.
His store is multi level and as Ron said an audio candy store for sure. bob is always moving things around as I’ve observed first hand.
I can’t say how many working setups he has but think it’s over 12 or 15.
I think the best part aside of all I’ve said is all his setups are in a real world home situation. So while a cynic may say it’s not an audio room ! It’s a real room to sit and relax in.
I’ve spent hours with bob as he quickly swaps out equipment. I can’t say how lucky I’ve been to know him and hear his stories and experience of what audio is for each of us.
He showed me a full size projection setup that’s there but you don’t know it until bob hits a couple of buttons and stuff comes alive. screens pop up not down
For Anyone who thinks anything less then an awe struck experience is truly missing out.
Rona great example of high end talent in many respects not just audio. His passion of music and its reproduction is just one aspect of Ron.
I try not to post much here not due to just time to do so. But also to stay away from comments as shown on this thread.
Both Ron and bob are first rate players and talents.
Both well caring for this hobby of sorts in ways I can’t quite comprehend yet enjoy very much.
alrainbow.

Audiohertz2

Jun 8, 2023
Hi Jack!

It feels okay to be back in Manhattan. I don't have the animosity towards Manhattan I have had for the last 15 years or so, although Manhattan still is miserable in the same ways it has always been miserable. Conversely, it is still great in the ways it has always been great.

Well balanced response there Ron :)

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Here is a combination that Ron did not hear and neither did I until this morning. I have the Magico M7s coming in and have been waiting to see if the Kaguras can drive the 92db M7s. I have the Magico 88db S3 (2023) in the holding place where the M7s will go.

Today, just for the heck of it and not expecting much I connected the Kaguras/Amperex 211's to the S3. I was sort of shocked at how well the Kaguras could drive the S3s. This is with a lot of hard driving type music, not a girl/guitar type stuff.

I now expect the Kaguras to sound really good with the incoming M7s. It has a LOT to do with the Amperex 211's. I've tried the Kaguras with stock tubes even with 90db speakers and they just did not cut it with hard driving music. Now they sound about the same as if I listen to the 200Watt VAC amps/NOS tubes sitting next to the Kaguras.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Whats the difference in impedance curve vs M7 ..?
I have not seen either impedance curve. The current offerings from Magico are a lot easier to drive than they were a few years ago. I only know from experience, sometimes specs can be misleading.

The funny part for me is I even liked the sound today with the Kagura with the S3 on the 8 ohm taps, which surprised me.

On the 4ohm taps, they sounded darker, but on the 8 ohm they "light up", when pressed. They can rock..

Last edited:
Reactions: Audiohertz2

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
Here is a combination that Ron did not hear and neither did I until this morning. I have the Magico M7s coming in and have been waiting to see if the Kaguras can drive the 92db M7s. I have the Magico 88db S3 (2023) in the holding place where the M7s will go.

Today, just for the heck of it and not expecting much I connected the Kaguras/Amperex 211's to the S3. I was sort of shocked at how well the Kaguras could drive the S3s. This is with a lot of hard driving type music, not a girl/guitar type stuff.

I now expect the Kaguras to sound really good with the incoming M7s. It has a LOT to do with the Amperex 211's. I've tried the Kaguras with stock tubes even with 90db speakers and they just did not cut it with hard driving music. Now they sound about the same as if I listen to the 200Watt VAC amps/NOS tubes sitting next to the Kaguras.

My friend is driving Kharma Exquisite Classic Signature with Kaguras. I heard them many times and they sound amazing. We always talk about that they don’t sound like 50watts but more like 200watts. How good you feed electricity to the Kaguras is also very important.

Reactions: Rhapsody and mxk116

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
My friend is driving Kharma Exquisite Classic Signature with Kaguras. I heard it many times and it sounds amazing. How good you feed electricity to the Kaguras is really important.
Yes. EVERYTHING is important:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing