Videos of Acoustically-Coupled Audio Recordings

And here is a difference between IsoAcoustics Gaia II and stainless steel spikes with sound demo.

that is my impression about the CAT amplifier based on a couple listening sessions. Not all tube amplifiers are like that.

friend in London had the JL7 for two weeks on Avalon compass diamonds, his Allnic 300b was better than it on all LPs he and I tried. He really wanted to like it as he wants a bit more juice but it just doesn’t have the musical nuances and emotions of the Allnic 300b so returned it.

Reactions: PeterA
friend in London had the JL7 for two weeks on Avalon compass diamonds, his Allnic 300b was better than it on all LPs he and I tried. He really wanted to like it as he wants a bit more juice but it just doesn’t have the musical nuances and emotions of the Allnic 300b so returned it.
Heard the same comparing NAT to CAT.

Reactions: bonzo75
No its not gonna be another tube power amp for me .
I dont wanna spend a lot either , i like to stay under 10 K second hand
I was may be thinking of giving a KARAN 400 a shot , sounds good on YT , lol.
Karan and the LAMM 1.2 ref are one of the only few SS contenders i havent heard yet

Last edited:
No its not gonna be another tube power amp for me .
I dont wanna spend a lot either , i like to stay under 10 K second hand
I was may be thinking of giving a KARAN 400 a shot , sounds good on YT , lol.
Karan and the LAMM 1.2 ref are one of the only few SS contenders i havent heard yet
Lamm is a hybrid. If you are going to consider hybrids then I recommend an Ypsilon Phaeton...might be able to find one just over 10K used. I would recommend the new AC triode/FET amps, but they go well beyond your stated budget.

THX .

Meitner MA2 transport , ML 360S DAC .

Here another one .
Now with my DIY 1O watts class A transistor power amp / convergent legend pre amp .

Brahms hilary hahn violin solo YT streaming , ML DAC

Thanks, is this the album (Tidal version)?
Screenshot_2023_1017_074144.jpg

Battle of integrated amps - Kinki Studio EX-M1+ vs. Naim Supernait 3

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing