Very disturbing news, please pass this to everyone you know

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Wow I hope they get these low life losers and cut their hands off. If the sanctions to our laws were such then crime would go way down. Steal your hands come off. I am talking about these LLL driving down the rd. with all this gear and they get pulled over and caught red handed. They are asked to get out of the truck and their hands are cut off. Rape and your dick is cut off!! Kill and you are seen by many witness like the FH shooter you end up @ the crematory and chucked in alive within days of the crime.

Sir how did you lose your hands? Well I took audio gear out of a car and tried to sell it and got caught.

Put the video of the cut off on the evening news and crime will DROP!!

There is a country that does that very thing right now. It's called Saudi Arabia.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
There is a country that does that very thing right now. It's called Saudi Arabia.

At the risk of being political, I will observe that most 'street' criminals would not be deterred. If they are dope fiends, nothing is going to penetrate beyond getting the money to get the blast. And your standard low life burglar isn't going to be deterred either.
I had a funny thing happen years ago when we lived in a brownstone in Brooklyn Heights. We were having the front stoop patio area redone, and all the plantings were carefully removed and put at the top of the stoop in large pots, including the shrubbery. At around midnight, I heard a noise and looked down from the third story of the building. Some dude was making off with one of my shrubs. (Figure a three foot high evergreen in a pot). I called the Po-lice. The dispatcher wanted a description, which was pretty easy: "He's the guy carrying three foot tall shrub down Hicks St at midnight."
Of course, they never caught him. That shrub probably brought 3 dollars on the street to feed some dope fiend's habit.
In NY back in those days, it was common to place a sign in your windshield "NO RADIO." Back in the 80's, when crack fueled the street, the fiends would break in, grab the tape deck from the dashboard (often destroying the dashboard, breaking at least one window and hopefully, leaving it at that without slashing your seats).
One morning, I went out to start a car we left on the street. It wouldn't start. I opened the hood to check the motor, and see what was up. Some junkie had stolen the battery. And, to add insult to injury, we then got a ticket for wrong side parking after the allotted time.
All part of living with other human beings, i guess.

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Wow, that sucks. I hope the stuff was insured ?
The Ypsilon may very well be my next phono stage, especially if I can demo it in my system.

I'm not sure but there is a maximum for stolen gear in a car and it's not huge i think it's around $3,000.00 depending on the company.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing