upgrade to Focal Maestro , need your advice about AMP / PRE (also DAC and Cables)

Devialet 400 , also not good idea?

because i have many component in my system , one of them can be a "weak link"
with the Devialet it's only my speakers and cables

you like your Maestro?

maybe the Vitus i have don't have enough power?
maybe the Pass preamp not working good with the amps? compare to Virus matching pre

Devialet 400 , also not good idea?

because i have many component in my system , one of them can be a "weak link"
with the Devialet it's only my speakers and cables

you like your Maestro?

maybe the Vitus i have don't have enough power?
maybe the Pass preamp not working good with the amps? compare to Virus matching pre

Yes - I like my Maestro very much but they are very fussy. Vitus and Focal is a good match - the vitus whilst having low wattage can supply lots of current. I would try the Vitus pre.

I would not bother with the devialet 400 myself. If you value ultra clean almost clinical then it might float your boat. What is wrong with your sound? Have you treated the room and spent time setting the speakers up?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing