Unpacking My Apple Watch

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Well after a 2 month wait my Apple Watch arrived yesterday while we were at Disneyland with our grand daughter. Suffice it to say I knew the package was on it's way and I could track it's every movement from China to my house. I ordered mine 6 hours after preorders opened in my time zone and in spite of that I was told a mid July delivery. Then when Apple announced they were starting in store apple watch sales everyone was reassured that Apple would never sell any model in store wherein the preorders had yet to be all filled. My son ordered his 15 minutes after preorders opened and only got his last week. Both he and I ordered the only available model in Space Grey with the matching link band also in Space Grey. In fact ours is the only Apple watch available in such a combination as the band is not sold separately as are the other bands. Fortunately I knew it was on its way and Apple provided an option to resign for the UPS delivery

Got home last evening and there it was. I was amazed as the package weight was 1.3 Kgs. As any Apple product it came impeccably packaged. I took some photos of my unpacking it. It is really easy to get to learn if you own an iPhone and you must if you bought an Apple Watch.:)

IMG_3436 (1).jpg

IMG_3440 (1).jpg

IMG_3442 (1).jpg

IMG_3444.jpg

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Very nice unboxing Steve. Anxious to hear your experience as you use it.

It almost had the same excitement as watching a woman take her clothes off. :D

Steve Williams

None whatsoever. The blue tooth range is quite long and I am amazed at the clarity of audio texts or answering a call from your watch.

I must say that so far it has been a lot of fun and very easy to use. I also didn't realize from all the commercials I had seen that you can actually create and customize your own watch bezel with different widget functions on the bezel.

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
Interesting.

The packaging on the Sport 42mmSpace Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band I received last month was totally different.

Tried the watch and a number of golf apps for week and returned it for a refund.

Good luck with yours.

Steve Williams

Interesting.

The packaging on the Sport 42mmSpace Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band I received last month was totally different.

Tried the watch and a number of golf apps for week and returned it for a refund.

Good luck with yours.

Mine is the "Watch" not the sport. Plus the band on mine is unique to that model.

I have no problems with mine and I prefer the fitness and activity apps that come with the watch

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Mine is the "Watch" not the sport. Plus the band on mine is unique to that model.

I have no problems with mine and I prefer the fitness and activity apps that come with the watch

You don't golf, so you will probably be alright. :)

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI

The only difference between the two models is the case material, band and of course the price ($700. more for a 42mm Space Black Stainless Steel Case with Space Black Stainless Steel Link Bracelet)

All the apps function the same on both models.

The return process was easy and the refund was fast.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
The only difference between the two models is the case material, band and of course the price ($700. more for a 42mm Space Black Stainless Steel Case with Space Black Stainless Steel Link Bracelet)

Dan-You obviously haven't been dipped deep enough into the Apple sheep dip. Speaking of Apple watches, I haven't noticed one person wearing one where I work yet and I'm surrounded by techno geeks.

Steve Williams

I'm keenly aware Dan. Sorry it didn't float your boat but for my needs and desires the use of all the health and fitness apps serves my needs and yes Apple is like Nordstrom with a great, fast and efficient return policy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing