UK Announcement New Dealer Launch: The Hifi Consultants

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
1693044422025.png

Steve Wilcock and his son David Wilcock are high end audio dealers in state of the art (from today and yesterday) and have announced their new launch. The Hi-Fi Consultants in the UK.

I have known Steve for nearly 18 years, and the loyalty he has shown his clients (and which I am imagine many besides myself have reciprocated) has been memorable and inspiring. With decades of experience, they are affable, genuine, hard working and above all honest. Honest in trade and honest in their opinions and advice. These traits have stayed with me (and thus I have stayed with them) throughout all these many years.

Particularly for those who want to/need to trade in, trade up or buy/sell second hand in the state of the art, Steve and David have always been seasoned and safe hands for me. I have no affiliation with Steve or David...just a big fan of their work as some of you may have read in my earlier posts and threads over the years.

Last edited:

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
Steve Wilcock and his son David Wilcock are high end audio dealers in state of the art (from today and yesterday) and have announced their new launch. The Hi-Fi Consultants in the UK.

I have known Steve for nearly 18 years, and the loyalty he has shown his clients (and which I am imagine many besides myself have reciprocated) has been memorable and inspiring. With decades of experience, they are affable, genuine, hard working and above all honest. Honest in trade and honest in their opinions and advice. These traits have stayed with me (and thus I have stayed with them) throughout all these many years.

Particularly for those who want to/need to trade in, trade up or buy/sell second hand in the state of the art, Steve and David have always been seasoned and safe hands for me. I have no affiliation with Steve or David...just a big fan of their work as some of you may have read in my earlier posts and threads over the years.

Interesting, thank you for bringing this to all our attention LL21, I wish them both all the best.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have acquired nearly everything second hand, and anything new via part trade-in. The Hi-Fi Consultants (Steve and David) have overseen nearly 18 years of that with me during that time. The vast majority from or through them directly. However, there have been a few occasions when I acquired second hand from a new source, and I was not comfortable doing it on my own, and I would offer Steve a commission on the sale given the discount I was already getting...and he would look after me in the case things did not work out, and it needed to be shipped back via commercial carriers, or shipped back to manufacturer for repair, etc. This has built a great long-term relationship of trust over the years. As they say, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Reactions: ashandger

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
I have had a very similar experience with Kevin Watts who worked with Steve as part of Hifi Trading Station.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have had a very similar experience with Kevin Watts who worked with Steve as part of Hifi Trading Station.
Hi Heihei,

Yes I believe Kevin has come to the house years ago more than once as part of earlier acquisitions we did with Steve. Very knowledgeable, very reliable. I believe Kevin sells Audionet?

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Yes - he supplied my Stern & Heisenbergs, and the Berning Quadratures I had previously.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Yes - he supplied my Stern & Heisenbergs, and the Berning Quadratures I had previously.
Wow...had not realized you owned the Berning Quads...apparently remarkable alacrity, speed and insight into the inflections of artists music-playing. Are the Heisenbergs superior on all counts? I have heard great things about them from Kevin and Steve as well.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing