Two way horn

Gamlas

Dec 30, 2022
Hello

Here’s my setup.
Couple of years ago I saw some diy speakers with 15” woofers and horns on the internet. Before that it was over 10 years I had no stereo setup. Now the setup is getting more live!
Speakers 2way 15” woofer 1,4”tweeters, supertweeter, Thomas Myer 211, Khozmo preampilifier, Lampizator Baltic 3, 432 Evo Aeon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    694 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

leyenda

Mar 2, 2011
hello gamlas, your system looks great! what are the drivers and xover points/slope?

Gamlas

Dec 30, 2022
hello gamlas, your system looks great! what are the drivers and xover points/slope?
Thanks! Those are crites 15” woofers and Faital HF140, Xover is currently 600hz 2nd order. I’m testing Fostex supertweeters as well on top but not sure if those actually give much benefit.

Reactions: Audiohertz2

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
Looks very nice! What horns are those?

Audiohertz2

Jun 8, 2023
Hello

Here’s my setup.
Couple of years ago I saw some diy speakers with 15” woofers and horns on the internet. Before that it was over 10 years I had no stereo setup. Now the setup is getting more live!
Speakers 2way 15” woofer 1,4”tweeters, supertweeter, Thomas Myer 211, Khozmo preampilifier, Lampizator Baltic 3, 432 Evo Aeon.

Hello,

isn't this a 3 way with the added super tweeter ...!

Gamlas

Dec 30, 2022
New Thomas Mayer dac. Took a bit of leap of faith as there’s not much opinions on his dacs. This is quite different than Lampizator Baltic, this is more neutral and more dynamic. But I have listened only few days. Build quality is very high, thing feels like a solid brick of metal. This is with transformer volume control, I don’t have separate preamp at the moment. IMG_1363.jpeg IMG_1370.jpeg IMG_1374.jpeg IMG_1375.jpeg IMG_1376.jpeg IMG_1377.jpeg

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
Looks great!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing