Tweak . . . yourself!

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Considering travel time, appointment making time, waiting time in their office and finally time with the doc, I'll take five seconds for each ear with a Q-Tip after my shower. I have to dry my ears anyway. I hate the feeling of wet ear canals.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Guys why so dismissive of over the counter ear cleaning remedies?
I'm highly in favor of OTC remedies, I posted one earlier. As with most things related to our health, prevention and maintenance are far preferrable to intervention and treatment.

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
I'm curious to know what brand of cotton swabs you use for drying your ear canals. I've done this myself many times, but a few times ended up having to go to an ear doctor to have the cotton tip removed from my ear canal. I wonder if a certain brand of swabs is most securely attached to avoid this problem in the future. Of course the doctors tell you to never insert anything into your ear canal, but they're not obsessed audiophiles! TIA

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..here's something I've done occasionally and you might try. Insert a couple of those little marshmallow ear plugs for a few minutes prior to listening. It resets things and you'd be surprised what it can do for hearing acuity..

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
Good idea that.. Im off to ireland for 3 weeks tomorrow .. no music but live..kinda doing a reset on a grand scale :)

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Good idea that.. Im off to ireland for 3 weeks tomorrow .. no music but live..kinda doing a reset on a grand scale :)

..if you find yourself near Kinsale be sure and visit one of the many 5 star restaurants...woohoo!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Eeesh. I see you are in the UK. I guess that is socialized medicine for you. I am sorry.

Ron, don't throw bricks at our NHS - I was told in no uncertain terms by your US cousins not to comment on Sara Palin/Tea Party.
We've been told LOL!

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Ron, don't throw bricks at our NHS - I was told in no uncertain terms by your US cousins not to comment on Sara Palin/Tea Party.
We've been told LOL!

..I can see why you Brits would be offended by the Tea Party and its association with all that tea being dumped in Boston Harbor. Not so sure about Sarah Palin however. Maybe her mispronunciation of certain words? :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing