Tres Amigos Visit The Pacific Northwest For A Weekend Of Listening Bliss

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
In summary this was a weekend to remember. Music for me has not only been a hobby for the most of my life but it is also the friendship and comraderie that comes with it. Thanks to my buddies Russ and Marty who accompanied me and thanks so much to Caelin and everyone at Shunyata for spending a day with us, Gary and Carol for such an amazing event with the Dragon on Friday evening followed by 3 stops the net day at Bruce, Ki and Mike.

You guys are great

Finally I apologize for locking the thread until it was done as I was so tired yesterday I knew that it would take me a while to post my thoughts

I did come home with one goody from Shunyata. I brought home a 1 meter pair of Shunyata grounding cables to go from each amplifier to each amp's power supply and a 9 meter pair to go from the power supplies of my amp to the CGS of my new Triton V2. I hope to get these installed today so stay tuned.

The thread is now open

Steve, let me be the first to say you are the most amazing documentor of these types of excursions and it is literally like being there.

Your descriptions of the goings on and your pictures are second to none. I live vicariously through you!!

Let me also say that Ki's. Mike's, and Bruce's set ups are truly astonishing. You are very lucky to have seen and heard them.

And of course, the Gary's presentation was jaw dropping.

Well done, and don't stop!:)

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Wow! What a great thread and visiting story(s). Steve, you have out done yourself!

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Steve
What a great thread. I am sure all of us are jealous of your journey to see such amazing set-ups. A lot of time and effort went into designing and executing all of them. The trip to Shunyata has whet all of our appetites. We feel like we were with you.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I am very anxious to get these CGS grounding cables into my system to see if their is a derived sonic benefit. My amps are each on a 30 amp dedicated circuit and the Triton V2 is on a 20 amp dedicated line so there is a possibility that the sound will have no change, or made better or possibly worse

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Awesome thread! Wow, such a treat - thanks for sharing!

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
WOW!

Not much else to write :)

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Steve,

thank you for all the kind comments; i'm glad you enjoyed it. it's almost an out-of-body experience reading about feedback on your own room and audiophile approach and then asking yourself "is that me?".:eek: (I hope my wife does not read that. I've got her convinced that everyone does it this way).

it was lots of fun for me to hang with you guys, visit Ki's place and his magical system(s) and then be able to enjoy your company Saturday night. it was great to see you, see Marty again (he also visited my room 10 years prior), and meet Russ. thank you for taking the time to spend with me and my room. my only regret is that there was so much more music I wanted to play.......

sharing our systems with each other is a wonderful aspect of our hobby.....and an important part of what I enjoy about it.

and Steve, thanks for doing this thread and all the effort it requires.

best regards,

Mike

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I want to echo Mike's sentiments and thank you also for the great company. Too bad you couldn't have stretched it out a couple more days. At least you got to see the great Seattle weather we have been having. It was really great to meet Marty and Russ as well and talk shop. Working down in the studio, sometimes I feel like I'm segregated from the world. It's a welcome relief to entertain such wonder colleagues.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Great read Steve, nice to put faces to userids!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
They say the best way to find out what to see where you live is to ask a tourist! :eek: Here I am living in this area and have only seen Gary's and Mike's places. The rest are on my todo list.

Wonderful reporting Steve. Great pictures. Makes me doubly regret not being able to meet up with you all. Maybe we can drag you all up here again in the future.

Thanks a bunch.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
To paraphrase Jerry Garcia, "What a long, GREAT trip its been!!!"

Fantastic write up, photos, insights, commentary. It takes a long time to take photos, download, then upload, observe, comment, write, then edit...thanks for taking the time.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
To paraphrase Jerry Garcia, "What a long, GREAT trip its been!!!"

Fantastic write up, photos, insights, commentary. It takes a long time to take photos, download, then upload, observe, comment, write, then edit...thanks for taking the time.

The sad thing was yesterday afternoon I spent over 3 hours on the write up only to find that I pushed the wrong button and closed the tab in which I had most of the write up. So I had to start over and as a result I didn't finish until this morning

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Whew ! After that marvelous posting and revelations--

I had to have cuppa tea and a liedown!:D--its' the British thing old boy:p!!

What a terrific trip and to hear great systems some of us will never experience-Kudos Steve!-yep feel for ya mate on the Tab loss--been there-save save save-ha!

Great to see my good friend Mike's system featuring to the fore also

Congrats and thank you for the Posting

BruceD

Husk

Member Sponsor
Apr 20, 2010
Spokane, Wa.
Steve, Fantastic write up. I have been to Mike's room about 8 years ago. Looks like it is time to make another trip.

Zagfan

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
One thing, beside my comment of "Awesome!", is the importance of what these visits mean to us as an audiophile community. Many of us tend to live in some degree of isolation and not share our systems as widely as we could. By continually keeping an open mind and experiencing many other top-drawer systems, it's easier for us readers to understand (and believe) comments and criticisms made by these well-traveled gentlemen.

Kudos to all involved for keeping high-end audio out of the history books!

Lee

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing