Toward a Theory To Increase Mutual Understanding and Predictability

Don't you need to have grip to have control, for bass?

Oh no, I can see the dozen plus page thread on the meaning of "seamless" looming on this one
LOL

When we compared the Airtight 9w 300b to the SS amps at the factory, the Airtight had better tone, the SS had better bass control. Vitus paired with Trios at Munich sounded good, though at a show, but Mike at Audioshark has been selling some AGs paired with Vitus, and someone down under uses a Dartzeel. Can't comment without hearing those myself

Would love to try the 211 monos from Airtight though...

Oh no, I can see the dozen plus page thread on the meaning of "seamless" looming on this one
LOL

A distinction without a difference? I've never heard control without grip at the lower frequencies. Same with the tire analogy. Audiophile language gets in the way of mutual understanding and predictability, IMO.

Brad, it wasn't that I wasn't convinced, just that the sound missed the kind of verve I'm looking for, and get in spades w my Zus/NATs or horns/SETs when they work
Audio ANALYSIS is well termed

Brad, it wasn't that I wasn't convinced, just that the sound missed the kind of verve I'm looking for, and get in spades w my Zus/NATs or horns/SETs when they work

Ok, but didn't you get Divas for your new room?

No, he still has to listen to Apogees. But he will end up upgrading the Zus to the newer model

I'm due to hear Divas v soon and poss Duettas thereafter
I have a good aural comparison w the Analysis/NATs to really confirm whether ribbons are for me
Actually Ked, the true epiphany that is my new room with a serene ultra quiet acoustic and power feed, means that I am truly ecstatic w what I have now
I'm truthfully turning away from all thoughts of any components upgrades as a result of this
In reality I've spent £40k/€-$60k on the ultimate upgrade ie true blank canvas listening environment, and remaining funds being directed to more isolation for my tt ie Symposium Ultra or Quantum Signature shelf, Symposium Rollerblocks under other components, fuses and tentative further GIKg
W my medium term upgrade budget blown on the new room, these are all I can really afford/justify
Never say never, but other than these changes and my new Oyaides dedicated lines/Furutech sockets and updated transformer that I have already paid for, I will REALLY have to justify anything more

The Analysis have a good ribbon midrange but lack the bass, dynamics, and slam of the Apogees.

The Analysis have a good ribbon midrange but lack the bass, dynamics, and slam of the Apogees.

I agree but only if the amps have the muscle to drive them properly and not many have both the drive and the sonics. I would still have my Divas if not for that fact.

david

I agree but only if the amps have the muscle to drive them properly and not many have both the drive and the sonics. I would still have my Divas if not for that fact.

david

You could have driven the Divas easily with a Lamm 1.2. Not saying it is better than your Bionors (probably not) but it might have stopped/slowed your migration to the horns.

I believe the Divas I'm going to hear are going to be pwrd w high power ARs

Ah, maybe AR pre w Spectrals pwr

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing