TIDAL - The hidden gems

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
I purchased the LP and CD. While I can hear digital artifacts in the LP, it‘s still fantastic! Eva is supreme!

IMG_0808.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: treitz3

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
A young life taken way too soon. Way too soon.

Tom

• Love
Reactions: Gregadd and Audire

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I purchased the LP and CD. While I can hear digital artifacts in the LP, it‘s still fantastic! Eva is supreme!

View attachment 107761
Some of her recordings are technically flawed. I will not say how for those who missed it. IMO Sometimes it is better to get the first take. The performance makes the slight flaws acceptable.

Reactions: Audire

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
1080x1080.jpg

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Freddy Cole (yes that is his brother)
My mood is you 320x320.jpg

Hobblecreek

Jun 23, 2018
Colorado
Oh my my -- I heard this the other day (focusing on the 2nd song on the album, Harlem Nocturne) and this gem has been in my constant rotation ever since. It might not be a hidden gem to many (meaning they already know this recording), but it is new and exciting to me.

1696960019495.png

Rexp

Aug 31, 2022
Oh my my -- I heard this the other day (focusing on the 2nd song on the album, Harlem Nocturne) and this gem has been in my constant rotation ever since. It might not be a hidden gem to many (meaning they already know this recording), but it is new and exciting to me.

View attachment 117998
Streaming via your Rossini Apex? Would be interested to know how it sounds via your Codex.

Hobblecreek

Jun 23, 2018
Colorado
That's a good question -- I haven't used the Codex for a while now (nor my headphones) and it would be good to do a comparison. I'll do that and respond back. As to the Rossini APEX, I recently added some footers by Magico called Q-Pods under the DAC and the shift in sound quality is pretty great all across the sound spectrum. The sound I am hearing now is surprisingly (and somehow) better – the lower noise floor is allowing greater musical detail and more expansive bass to be heard, the mid-range and highs have greater clarity, yet sweeter sonics. My wife came into the room and said, “something’s different, it sounds wonderful.” Yes, I know these last comments are off topic, so I'll apologize now.

Reactions: Rexp

Rexp

Aug 31, 2022
Want to go back in time and hear Otis Reading live? Skip London, go straight to Paris:
Screenshot_2023_1029_223436.jpg

Rexp

Aug 31, 2022
I've seen Coldplay live at Wembley Stadium, this is way better:
Screenshot_2023_1106_094923.jpg

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
Hi All,

I have been meaning to place the best of my Tidal Daily favourites playlist (which I have made public) as long as you have the link or do a search here.

As I drive to work and spend probably close to a couple of hours each day, I listen to the Tidal App in my car (EV) to get the best sound possible from the car system, and get introduced to new artists and music with Tidal's daily favourites.

So slowly over the years I have built it up to 154 tracks close to 12 hours of music, and I gradually keep adding a few tracks each week.

If you like you can save this play list in your favourites too.

The Music is compiled of different type of genres from classics, jazz, rock, Blues, Classical, Pop, World, etc. and to me is thoroughly enjoyable.

Do listen as you will find a few tracks that you will like or may be a new artist as I come across several upcoming performers from different parts of the world.

I subscribe to both Tidal and Qobuz, but so far have made this list available only on Tidal due to the ease of 10 new tracks being automatically refreshed by Tidal each day.

You may find a better resolution of the track on Qobuz, but at the end of the day it is all about the music.

So if other Tidal users do get a chance and want to share their playlist of the music they like (rather than list each or few tracks kn a post here), then start building one and ensure that it is made available to the public in the settings.

Look forward to your feedback on any gems you enjoy and would like to share on the upcoming posts. After all its all about the artist and the music they create.

Oh, and not all the tracks are audiophile quality, but they are certainly some of the better quality recordings.

And some of them are really show demo tracks, so I certainly am guilty for that too. Drum solo's in particular. ;)

Cheers
Neville

https://listen.tidal.com/playlist/d5f894f4-7be7-49c1-89a8-55b7b7d7dcdc

Screen Shot 2023-11-14 at 2.51.54 am.png

Last edited:
Reactions: panhead

Rexp

Aug 31, 2022
A quick heads-up if you're using Tidal on your mobile when out and about, it's still best to use Max quality. Anything less, the sound is seriously degraded. This was particularly apparent when playing this album:
Screenshot_2023_1206_183456.jpg

Rexp

Aug 31, 2022
This is the most analogue sounding album I've heard this year:
Screenshot_2023_1212_230852.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing