This One Is Amazing

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I thought I would share this as it reminds me of RBFC here. I've watched it at least 10 times as it happens so fast. Lee tell me what the guy did because truly it happens so quickly that you cannot appreciate the blow

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Eye jab. No matter how tough an opponent is, certain structures (the eye heads the list) remain vulnerable. We use a lexan (bulletproof plastic) face shield to train it. Even after thousands of eye attacks hitting the shield in front of my eyes (and others as well,) one cannot help but flinch even though you know you will not be harmed. This protective instinct is a great bonus of this technique: even if your blow misses slightly, you still get a short moment where the opponent's defensive reflex leaves him vulnerable to the next hit.

Lee

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Eye jab. No matter how tough an opponent is, certain structures (the eye heads the list) remain vulnerable. We use a lexan (bulletproof plastic) face shield to train it. Even after thousands of eye attacks hitting the shield in front of my eyes (and others as well, one cannot help but flinch even though you know you will not be harmed. This protective instinct is a great bonus of this technique: even if your blow misses slightly, you still get a short moment where the opponent's defensive reflex leaves him vulnerable to the next hit.

Lee

Lee

I saw what seemed to be a finger to each eye and was there one to his throat or did I dream it.

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Notice also the hard-wired posture and hand position when the guy's eye is struck: a standing fetal position and the same-side hand covers the affected eye. Once you understand certain "likely" responses to a strike you throw, it becomes a chess game where you are a move ahead.

Lee

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
I saw what seemed to be a finger to each eye and was there one to his throat or did I dream it.

We teach single eye attacks using a "beak-like" arrangement of your four fingers, where they are supported against each other for more rigidity in the striking tool. He may have been using a variant of a "claw" style (eagle claw/tiger claw) kung fu hand position. San soo is an offshoot of kung fu, so probably where he got it. I didn't see any effective strike to the throat there.

Lee

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing