There are some forums...

Esb1954

Jun 10, 2010
Lakeland, Florida
Do you purchase a piece of audio gear by how well it measures or do you buy it for how well it sounds? If that was the case, then all you would have to do is compare measurements of several pieces of audio gear and go with the one that measured the highest. Would that one sound the best?
All that I can say is that the CTH-8550 may not have measured tops in its class,however, to my ears, it just sounds right.

Rutgar

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas Area
mysite.verizon.net
I am pretty much in the 'how it sounds' crowd. Which is why I'm scraping pennies (lots of them!) right now, in a effort to order the MPS-5 (soon). Not on the horizon right now, but I can see where there might be DartZeel in the future.

rnsa2000

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2012
Hi sirs,

in your opinion, the HSC-8550 would be better with the MPS-5 or the dCS Puccini + U-clock?

I bought a HTC-8550 recently and I am with this doubt. I've heard both and liked both players. Although I realized the MPS-5 less analytical and more focused on analog.

Best regards,
Ricardo Nonato.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Hi sirs,

in your opinion, the HSC-8550 would be better with the MPS-5 or the dCS Puccini + U-clock?

I bought a HTC-8550 recently and I am with this doubt. I've heard both and liked both players. Although I realized the MPS-5 less analytical and more focused on analog.

Best regards,
Ricardo Nonato.

Hi Ricardo,

I have not heard either of these units but my only comment is I personally do not like "analytical" sound. Maybe it sounds great at first. Over time, for me, I prefer a more analogue less analytical sound. Sometimes too much of a good thing is no good. This is just my opinion. I hope others will help describe the sound of these units.

Good Luck!

Joe

rnsa2000

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2012
Joe,

Thank you.

I don't like the sound very analytical, and that is why I initially preferring the MPS-5, also prefer the sound more focused on analog. Also, I'll be using Kubala-Sosna Elation cables, I think this combination of cables with darTZeel is very good.

Best regards,
Ricardo Nonato.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing