The waiting is the hardest part.

FT251

Jan 22, 2022
Today marks the week 12 since my Legacy Audio Focus XD speakers were officially in the build queue. Legacy quotes 10-12 weeks. My dealer checked last week and we are looking at another 5-6 weeks. This is the longest I've had to wait for something. I guess in this day and age this is somewhat normal? Tom Petty was right, waiting is the hardest part.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Today marks the week 12 since my Legacy Audio Focus XD speakers were officially in the build queue. Legacy quotes 10-12 weeks. My dealer checked last week and we are looking at another 5-6 weeks. This is the longest I've had to wait for something. I guess in this day and age this is somewhat normal? Tom Petty was right, waiting is the hardest part.
Sadly, the supply chain issues are still with us. It'll take some more time for things to steady.
Agreed, waiting is the hardest part for me too. Fingers crossed!

ScottK

Apr 30, 2023
mars
I’ve been waiting 3 months for my new ALEXX V’s. We’re supposed to deliver this Friday but may be delayed. Honestly I love the process! I spent about a year trying to decide my next speaker. Had lots of fun trying to figure it out. I know I’ll love it when they arrive for about 3-4 months then they become part of my “system’ that I will enjoy every day. Then on to the next thing. Life is enriched by change and delayed gratification…… rinse and repeat.

Last edited:

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
From what I understand, there has been a wait on parts from the EU and a long wait on anything from Bohmer for Wavelet v2 additional inventory. I have been waiting for a software revision for OMNIO processing for Valor for a long time now and I've just heard last week that it may be coming from Bohmer in the next week or two along with components eagerly anticipated.

Legacy had amassed large inventory quantities on many things and replenished along the way however, their order queue has been fully booked and then some for a long time now.

They are not alone....had someone I know place an order for a pair of Wilson Alexx V in the last week. His delivery date is projected as February 2024.

For speakers and components, some manufacturers are quoting 3, 4, 5, and 6 month lead times...

slowGEEZR

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
I've waited over 2 months just to hear a set of speakers that I may want to buy and now I've been told it will be another 3 months! Then who knows when or if another set if I purchase can be delivered. And these are $35,000 speakers! Perhaps I will just wait until this situation is over.
Darn brandon...
ozzy
Has nothing to do with the president.

ScottK

Apr 30, 2023
mars
Sounds like wealth effect kicks in for high end audio when stock market makes big gains. Will make fighting inflation even tougher. Six month wait at Wilson Audio is crazy. Must have large back orders from new product releases.

Audio Addict

VIP/Donor
Mar 20, 2016
Central Illinois
You wouldn't be waiting for Olivewood finished Focus XD would you. I was down in Springfield at Legacy and there was a pair drying that I saw. However, if you ordered a Wavelet II, they have 50 back-ordered with only 11 scheduled to be received in the the next shipment.

Reactions: FT251

FT251

Jan 22, 2022
You wouldn't be waiting for Olivewood finished Focus XD would you. I was down in Springfield at Legacy and there was a pair drying that I saw. However, if you ordered a Wavelet II, they have 50 back-ordered with only 11 scheduled to be received in the the next shipment.
No mine are Cherry Wood, and I will be ordering a Wavelet 2 in a few months. Going to see how it goes with out first.

Reactions: Audio Addict

Hilroy48

Sep 15, 2021
Regina Sk Canada
I waited 8 months for my Sugden mono blocks. When they got to mine, they took a week to build and a week to ship. The nice thing, is they are still hand built. Worth the wait.

Reactions: AMR / iFi audio

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
So, it looks like the censor moderators on this site have deleted a couple of my posts.
I will no longer visit/use this site.

ozzy

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
A forum user reported your posts as political in nature. They were removed as a result.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
No moderator here is a censor. We follow the TOS as mentioned many times before.

J007B

Jul 25, 2020
I feel your pain. My new Franco Serblin Accordo Essence speakers will arrive sometime next week. Then I'm flying to the Bay Area to pick up my new Aavik P-300 amplifier and bringing it back on Amtrak to SoCal.

Reactions: AMR / iFi audio

FT251

Jan 22, 2022
They arrived Monday and I got them up and running yesterday, the break in begins! A Wavelet II is in my near future, ordering one next week. Had few glitches, my XLR cable was bad so had to get a cheap XLR microphone cable until the replacement gets here.
XD.jpg

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Nice, enjoy!

Audio Addict

VIP/Donor
Mar 20, 2016
Central Illinois
They arrived Monday and I got them up and running yesterday, the break in begins! A Wavelet II is in my near future, ordering one next week. Had few glitches, my XLR cable was bad so had to get a cheap XLR microphone cable until the replacement gets here.
View attachment 115545
Congratulations!! Make sure to know what the gain is on your external amplifier. Wavelet I doesn't like low gain amplifiers.

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019
Congratulations on you new speakers!

Reactions: prerich and FT251

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
I ordered my Legacy Audio Aeris nearly 5 months ago. TMR has been helpful when I've reached out. I guess I was hopeful for better communication from Legacy Audio when purchasing their upper line speakers. I know many industries are struggling with deliveries including from what I see here, Legacy. Now I'm starting to wonder about my own time line!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing