Pleasanton, CA
Ok so Callie and spot stole my heart!

Reactions: carolkoh

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Then we had the little gems. They were found in a log pile and name Wood, Stick and Log. My response to that was "No." and I renamed them Onyx, Jasper and Coral.

Litte_Gems_Adoption.jpg
Onyx+Jasper.jpg
Onyx & Jasper

Onyx + Coral.jpg
Onyx and Coral

Coral liked the high places - on the top of the dresser, on top of the china cabinet - but a quiet demeanor would let you pluck her off without any collateral damage. There were many, many black kittens that year, and they were on adoption for several weeks. Onyx almost broke my heart when I visited the shelter during volunteer day and he reached out of the cage with both arms.

Coral was the last to be adopted, but she found the perfect family, I was told. Two gentlemen who fell in love with her and she probably has them wrapped around her little toe.

Last edited:

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
The last two of the season happened late, and only because the shelter had a case of ring-worm and immediately emptied out the shelter's kitten room to disinfect it and get all the kittens out and quarantined. I got the two shy ones as I'm one of the foster parents with experience with socializing shy kittens. Gracie and Camille. Both long-haired and the sweetest little ones - well, little compared to my two - they were already 6 + months.

Gracie.jpg
Gracie

Gracie with flower hat.jpg
it was definitely around Christmas time as the hats came out. :D

Camille with Christmas hat.jpg
Camille was not happy with the hat.

Ceiling Cat.jpg
Camille also loved the high perches - that's on top of the dresser.

Cuddle_Puddle.jpg
Gracie in a cuddle puddle with my two.

Both girls were adopted right off, even though Gracie, I understand, would not come out from under the chair in the adoption room. I also got Gracie back a couple weeks after she was adopted as she did not get along with the family cat - more like they did not do a proper introduction and the family cat did not get along with Gracie. After a couple weeks with me over Christmas, she found the perfect family that saw all the cuddle puddle photos I sent along and understood that she was a shy cat but would integrate into the clowder if proper introductions were made.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott Naylor

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing