The Truth - Behind Close Doors :: Tentative

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
-- At the very beginning of the audio and video transformations (technological advancements to please our senses; visual and auditory), the real essence was there.

How long ago was that (before our time), two hundred years ago, more?

Today is the year 2012. We are at the threshold of truthful revelations, and that should put us on solid 'terra firma'.

What is the absolute, the ultimate goal of music reproduction?
What is the top essence of going to the movies; outside or at home?

Here, in audio/video forums of the Internet we are a 'strange/funny bunch' sometimes.
By that I mean that we love to bifurcate from the ultimate goals; true cinematic (film) experience, and emotional impact derived from the auditory pleasure of listening to music through live events or mechanical/electrical reproducers.

True, we love to show up our stuff. But when we go to a first-rate Cinema Theater, the 'stuff' is totally invisible; only the true impactful/emotional activities of our brain is transmitted directly from the moving visuals on screen (and a large one at that), and the music, sound effects accompanying them.

In a musical event, live at a great concert hall, or reproduced at home; same, but the overall picture disappears to let only the music flow through our veins and guts, emotionally, with a deep sense of well engaged state of pleasurable euphoria, sort of speech, because it can also vary from extremely peaceful to perturbing.

Now, the musicians, the actors/actresses, they are directed by directors, composers. They are the ones all together who contribute to our experiences.
And deep down in our heart, mind and soul, they are the responsable ones, the people who also recorded them, the mixing/recording engineers, along with the artist's performances, from our musical/visual mediums at home.

And in all of that, there are no distracting lights, no tubes shinning, no visual audio/video gear to look at, no other distractions whatsoever but pure emotional energy from our senses; sweet (or not so sweet) music (sounds) coming through our ears, and moving pictures perceived by our eyes (on-screen activities).

And this, is what I'd like to explore further with you, all members here from WBF.
And I know that it goes a long way, in true revelations, and in the state of our industries (audio/video),
on many aspects more or less beneficial.

Also, there are relations with other businesses, that are part of this entire equation;
and that too can go a very long way indeed.

Please, share your thoughts, experiences, knowledge, as this is how we can better ourselves in understanding, and in perfecting our own knowledge for the benefit of us all.

So many times I feel that the looks, the gear is taking way too much importance.
...And the prices too are way over exaggerated, disproportional of true reality.

I don't want to condemn the good efforts, absolutely not, but I want to expose the charlatans,
so that we know what we're dealing with sometimes in our 'magnificent' emotional hobbies.

I'll add much more as you guys jump in to share some more.
This is a discussion for all of us, in dissecting the audio/video truth. :b

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing