The Theory of Everything

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
We were able to see this one this afternoon. A very enjoyable film. Eddie Redmayne should be a shoe in for a Best Actor Oscar nomination for his work in this one. I don't know how he was able for contort his body for the extended periods of time required to pull of his Stephen Hawking. One of the better films of the year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Salz7uGp72c&spfreload=10

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I saw this film this afternoon and I simply loved it. We all know it is the story of Stephen Hawking the brilliant Professor of theoretical physics at Oxford University who was diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's disease) in 1963 and was given 2 years to live. In the interim he married a friend of his sister and together they had three children

IMO the film was beautifully told, well acted by all and had me glued to the screen for the entire 2 hours.

Eddie Redmayne plays Stephen Hawking and his performance was nothing short of brilliant. There is no doubt in my mind that he will be nominated for Best Actor. So far this year the only other contender for Best Actor has been J. K. Simmons in Whiplash who likewise was brilliant

Eddie Redmayne however played an amazing role and the contortions and contractors of his body IMO were identical to anything I have ever seen of Stephen Hawking. How he did what he did with his facial expressions and hand and feet movements was beyond incredible.

In the final hour of the movie after Hawking was in Bordeaux attending a symphony he collapsed in the audience with pneumonia and cannot breathe. The suggestion by the doctor to his wife Jane was that they remove the respirator and allow him to die. Jane refuses and agrees to a tracheotomy which will render him unable to ever speak again.As a result he acts the final hour or so acting without speaking. It was a remarkable performance

This film is definitely high on my list but there re several more blockbusters due to open later this month that also smack of Oscar potential.

Highly recommended

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
This is the kind of movie that is right up my alley. I'm not one to go and see it on the big screen, so I hope the Blu-ray is not long in coming.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing