Designsfx

Sep 26, 2023
Los Angeles
Now Playing:
Monkey 3- Welcome To The Machine

Designsfx

Sep 26, 2023
Los Angeles
Listening to this one right now, excellant so far!
Hey!
Did you happen to listen to the release listed above from Lost World Band? Not sure if you’re into this type of Prog but I found it to be a great listen!

Designsfx

Sep 26, 2023
Los Angeles
Now Playing:
Esquizoide- Cronicas (Argentine Prog Rock- Awesome!)

Designsfx

Sep 26, 2023
Los Angeles
Now Playing:
Fernando Perdomo- Art

Designsfx

Sep 26, 2023
Los Angeles
Now Playing:
Projected Twin- Earth vs. World

Reactions: thomask

Designsfx

Sep 26, 2023
Los Angeles
I am a big prog fan my issue with some of the sites and reviewers is that they do not differentiate from Prog styles (Neo, Prog Metal, Proto, etc).

Qobuz does not differentiate between Rock subgenres either
@ErVikingo
Always good to hear from another fan! I get what you mean regarding styles- also that reviews are somewhat behind the releases as well but I would imagine these folks have day jobs too!

There is a small group that I follow with and we’re all trying to stay informed with the latest stuff. I generally bounce between Awesome Prog and the Progressive Rock Archive but a lot of the listening I post comes from Bandcamp as well.

I generally post my nightly listening here, as well as Head Fi, Agon and Hoffman‘s Forums. There is a good thread at Head Fi that as of last year was virtually dead but we’re bringing it back to life. The New Prog Thread at Hoffman Forum is going pretty strong as well.

I hadn’t thought about starting something at Qobuz- I’ll have to check out what that means. Mostly because when I’m on Qobuz I’m using it through the Lumin interface. Might not be a bad idea though! It would be really cool of the guys I normally chat with could participate as well but I know that some use Amazon and Tidal for streaming.

Designsfx

Sep 26, 2023
Los Angeles
An excellent new release!
Now Playing:
Notion Blue- Out Of Exile

ErVikingo

Feb 6, 2024
Ft. Lauderdale, FL USA
@ErVikingo
Always good to hear from another fan! I get what you mean regarding styles- also that reviews are somewhat behind the releases as well but I would imagine these folks have day jobs too!

There is a small group that I follow with and we’re all trying to stay informed with the latest stuff. I generally bounce between Awesome Prog and the Progressive Rock Archive but a lot of the listening I post comes from Bandcamp as well.

I generally post my nightly listening here, as well as Head Fi, Agon and Hoffman‘s Forums. There is a good thread at Head Fi that as of last year was virtually dead but we’re bringing it back to life. The New Prog Thread at Hoffman Forum is going pretty strong as well.

I hadn’t thought about starting something at Qobuz- I’ll have to check out what that means. Mostly because when I’m on Qobuz I’m using it through the Lumin interface. Might not be a bad idea though! It would be really cool of the guys I normally chat with could participate as well but I know that some use Amazon and Tidal for streaming.
Hey! I like the Prog Archives and have visited it for years now. There is a poster on FB who reviews a lot of current releases.

Some of my favorite "newer" offerings are Airbag (All Rights Removed), Marillions AHBID but the recording is not the best in my system, Riverside, The Mistery, Freedom to Glide, Lonely Robot, Ghost of the Machine, etc etc.

Notion Blue was on my radar. I like it!

I shall put together my playlist and mark it public on Qobuz. Right now its all out of order....

Reactions: Designsfx

Designsfx

Sep 26, 2023
Los Angeles
Now Playing:
Turbulence- Binary Dream

Designsfx

Sep 26, 2023
Los Angeles
Now Playing:
Innerspace- Rise

Reactions: ErVikingo

ErVikingo

Feb 6, 2024
Ft. Lauderdale, FL USA
I’m going to add some from my play list for today

Attachments

• IMG_7550.jpeg
    IMG_7550.jpeg
    707.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 2D3943C0-8DED-48D3-A41B-5F8D4E2513F5.jpeg
    2D3943C0-8DED-48D3-A41B-5F8D4E2513F5.jpeg
    592.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7551.jpeg
    IMG_7551.jpeg
    731 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7552.jpeg
    IMG_7552.jpeg
    909.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7553.jpeg
    IMG_7553.jpeg
    626.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7554.jpeg
    IMG_7554.jpeg
    783.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7556.jpeg
    IMG_7556.jpeg
    621.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7557.jpeg
    IMG_7557.jpeg
    660.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7558.jpeg
    IMG_7558.jpeg
    728.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7555.jpeg
    IMG_7555.jpeg
    901.6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Designsfx

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing