The new audiophile vinyl series The Original Source from Deutsche Grammophon (AAA)

Kjetil

Oct 28, 2022
Hamar, Norway
IMG_4657.jpeg
That organ pedal is menacing. But 16 Hz it is not. :)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
New DG box arriving today.
New DG order sent tomorrow.
Sunday is the Day Of Rest.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
my order should arrive Tomorrow or Monday with those 3 titles. being on the left coast i'm last in line.

i did order the 4 new titles this morning, scheduled for May release.

and i found the two Giles titles (Beethoven and Brahms Concerto's) i had on B.O. forever both at Acoustic Sounds and Music Direct. one on Amazon reasonably priced, one on ebay Europe for a premium. but moving on.

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain

Kjetil

Oct 28, 2022
Hamar, Norway
^It indeed sounds like it’s transposed one octave up, @tima.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Just spun the Tchaikovsky 4th. Wow, this is up there with all the others in the range, count me as very impressed. Super quiet vinyl, a huge dynamic range, and a tonality that just draws you in. The only reissues I've got recently that come close to this level of special are the VMP Miles Davis The Electric Years 70s albums boxset. Runs the DGs close. I'd have to say these DGs haven't come even close to average or disappointing, they totally impress. My setup is the best it's been by far as compelled by recent operating concerns, it's doing these stellar vinyls justice.

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
Played them all weekend gone. All sound fantastic on my system to my ears.

Only issue I had (and the first issue with all of the TOS batches I have had to date) was with the Steinberg Box Set with 'Holst the Planets, 'Mercury' (last track on first side) where I had a serious mis-track approx. 1/3rd into the track i.e. my stylus was stuck in the groove and wouldn't move, so had to lift up my tonearm and cue re-lower to pass this part of the LP !.

• Wow
Reactions: No Regrets

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Played them all weekend gone. All sound fantastic on my system to my ears.

Only issue I had (and the first issue with all of the TOS batches I have had to date) was with the Steinberg Box Set with 'Holst the Planets, 'Mercury' (last track on first side) where I had a serious mis-track approx. 1/3rd into the track i.e. my stylus was stuck in the groove and wouldn't move, so had to lift up my tonearm and cue re-lower to pass this part of the LP !.
Tea break for the orchestra?

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain

Kjetil

Oct 28, 2022
Hamar, Norway
I haven't had any tracking issues on the TOS series so far, knock on wood (i.e. head).
BTW to me it sound like the organ plays the same octave as the basses and the contrabasson in the Steinberg Zarathustra opening, and not one octave below, Makes sense technologically to do so too.

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
@Kjetil , what do you like about this performance over the 1973 von Karajan?

Kjetil

Oct 28, 2022
Hamar, Norway
Oh, I haven’t heard it.
Shocking answer I suppose.

Reactions: MadFloyd

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
Ha! Fair enough! :)

Reactions: MadFloyd

Kjetil

Oct 28, 2022
Hamar, Norway
I want the Bartok, unsure about those other three Bs.

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
German JPC Dealer has started the selling of the large Bruckner Box, not yet listed in the DG web shop.

release date in August 2024

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Is this going to be listed on the DG website? I don't understand the timing of this release at all, the recent batch was only just notified for order.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing