The CH Precision firmware upgrades released on 29 Aug 2023

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
I guess many of the CH Precision owners here have already installed this firmware upgrade?

There are upgrades for both 1 Series & 10 Series.
Almost all products except the T1 10M clock.

I listened to the upgraded 1 Series components.
The improvement is definitely NOT small.
According to Ricky of the CH Hong Kong Office, these Aug 2023 firmware upgrades focus mainly on the powersupply circuitry of the components.

Pls share your upgrade experience on WBF.

CH Precision does take care of their old customers very well!
My Salute!
:D

Reactions: BADUY and gentcan

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I had noticed there was a firmware upgrade but CH lists the changes as 'various bugfixes' so I wasn't in any rush to install it. I find it somewhat hard to believe it would affect sonics and not just the menu system or something similar.

Reactions: XV-1

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Interesting that nobody else is commenting. Where's Elliot when you need him? :)

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
I did the update. It was my understanding that these were maintenance updates/bug fixes. To make the ilder X1’s more compatible with newer midels.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I did the update. It was my understanding that these were maintenance updates/bug fixes. To make the ilder X1’s more compatible with newer midels.
And I'm guessing you didn't hear any amazing difference in sonics?

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
No. I did not notice anything obvious. But i dont have an older x1.

Reactions: XV-1 and MadFloyd

zbub

Jun 27, 2013
Whenever there's a new firmware update I just do it. Without another player that has not been updated it's hard to compare A/B/A. If I didn't hear anything negative with firmware updates I am happy.

Reactions: MadFloyd

gentcan

Jun 15, 2022
I guess many of the CH Precision owners here have already installed this firmware upgrade?

There are upgrades for both 1 Series & 10 Series.
Almost all products except the T1 10M clock.

I listened to the upgraded 1 Series components.
The improvement is definitely NOT small.
According to Ricky of the CH Hong Kong Office, these Aug 2023 firmware upgrades focus mainly on the powersupply circuitry of the components.

Pls share your upgrade experience on WBF.

CH Precision does take care of their old customers very well!
My Salute!
:D
Do you know how to upgrade the firmwares into C1.2? Thank you

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Go to the ch precision webpage and download the latest firmware onto a usb stick.

power off the C1.2
Insert the usb stick into the c1.2’s port
Press and hole the front button and flip the power switch to the on position. Continue holding the front button for 5 or 6 seconds.
Release the front button and it will take over from there.

Reactions: gentcan

RoyGregory

Jun 8, 2012
Near Salisbury, UK
The process outlined above is actually the Emergency Update Procedure. Normally speaking, you don't need to turn off a CH unit in order to update the firmware. Download the latest firmware version to the supplied USB stick, ensuring that the various files are visible (not contained in a folder). Then insert the USB stick into the update port on the rear and use the concentric control (or buttons on a P1/P10 or power amp) to navigate to the Factory Settings menu and the Update Firmware option. Just follow the instructions. The unit should perform a re-set and enter standby. Don't interrupt the process, which should take a few minutes.

Manuals for the CH units are available on the web-page for each product, under Downloads. These comntain full instructions for both normal and emergency firmware updates.

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Always sage advice. When in doubt read the manual.

Reactions: gentcan

gentcan

Jun 15, 2022
Go to the ch precision webpage and download the latest firmware onto a usb stick.

power off the C1.2
Insert the usb stick into the c1.2’s port
Press and hole the front button and flip the power switch to the on position. Continue holding the front button for 5 or 6 seconds.
Release the front button and it will take over from there.
Thanks mate. Do I need a window desktop/laptop to download the firmware?

gentcan

Jun 15, 2022
The process outlined above is actually the Emergency Update Procedure. Normally speaking, you don't need to turn off a CH unit in order to update the firmware. Download the latest firmware version to the supplied USB stick, ensuring that the various files are visible (not contained in a folder). Then insert the USB stick into the update port on the rear and use the concentric control (or buttons on a P1/P10 or power amp) to navigate to the Factory Settings menu and the Update Firmware option. Just follow the instructions. The unit should perform a re-set and enter standby. Don't interrupt the process, which should take a few minutes.

Manuals for the CH units are available on the web-page for each product, under Downloads. These comntain full instructions for both normal and emergency firmware updates.
Do I need a window desktop to download the firmware? I only using Mac at home. Thank you

gentcan

Jun 15, 2022
No. Just download the firmware and copy to the CH USB stick. If you do not have CH USB stick, use a USB stick with file format FAT32. You can format the USB stick as FAT32 in Mac.
Thank you very much for your sharing experience. I’ll try it. I think that’s why last time I used my usb and the C1.2 didn’t read it.

zbub

Jun 27, 2013
Thank you very much for your sharing experience. I’ll try it. I think that’s why last time I used my usb and the C1.2 didn’t read it.
also not all USB sticks can be read property. I think at least Kingston and Sandisk work.

tflynn

Nov 16, 2017
I just upgraded the firmware…… bit late to the game .

definite sonic improvement on my L1! I would characterize it as delightful!

just the L1. Not powered by the X1.

Reactions: CKKeung and gentcan

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing