The Alexia's are HERE!

You know.... I don't notice much difference in scale. I did notice a difference where objects are the correct size. I felt the MM3's made them artificially larger.

I can tell you it's the first time in a couple of years that I've actually been able to just listen for enjoyment. I never got that with the MM3's in my room.

This is the Wilson speaker you need Steve. With the XLF mid/tweeter, it's the best Wilson speaker I've heard!

Even better than the XLF? ;)

I love that tweeter Bruce. As I said from the beginning, if my X2's overpower my room, I will consider going in that direction.

Do you think that the ML3 can power the Alexia? They are a tough load and are not as efficient as the X2.

Congrats Bruce...they are already looking great! And i am sure they are sounding even better...hopefully, if you get some time to post more detailed observations that would be great. enjoy!

Do you think that the ML3 can power the Alexia? They are a tough load and are not as efficient as the X2.

That's the $64 question as you're thinking what I have as well

Must be a happy day :). Congrats Bruce.

Will you be running them with subs?

I'm going to burn them in for a week or so... (listening to AC/DC - Back in Black) and will take some measurements before Peter gets here.

That's the $64 question as you're thinking what I have as well

I'm cranking AC/DC now pretty high spl's and the needles on the amps haven't budged. I was hoping they wouldn't, so they still pretty efficient.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing