Tag Monaco

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
This came in as part of the trade-in I did with the Crystal Cable Dreamlines ICs for a piece of art I had at home. I like TAG watches and this has a double face function, manual wind at one side and quartz for the chrono.

tag_heuer-monaco-20150-1.jpg

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
69 ..... teehee..... :D

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
That's a great looking watch, Fernando. I own a TAG Formula 1 and I think it's a great watch. According to a factory rep, almost all of the pieces of a TAG are replaceable, insuring that servicing issues will not be a factor in the future.
BTW, I have never heard of anyone trading a piece of art for audio gear....maybe I should look around for what art piece I can trade.....oops, forgot about the WAF:rolleyes:

HedgeHog

Mar 12, 2012
Richmond, BC
That's a great looking watch. I love Tags but I recall they got slammed by collectors for going quartz for an upscale-ish brand. I bought a Kirium F1 since it looked so techie but it was not well received and got discontinued. Still like the Monaco's shape and style...I barely wear mine but time to drag it out again. Thx for sharing the pix!

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
That's a great looking watch. I love Tags but I recall they got slammed by collectors for going quartz for an upscale-ish brand. I bought a Kirium F1 since it looked so techie but it was not well received and got discontinued. Still like the Monaco's shape and style...I barely wear mine but time to drag it out again. Thx for sharing the pix!

patek philippe makes a quartz watch, thats not really the case here. heuer (the brand) had a strong afiliation with motorsport being the official time keeper for european events for most of the '60s and '70s. TAG is short for techniques d'avant garde which at the time was a military arms mfr owned by an arab businessman, the same mansour ojjeh that owned a piece of the williams f1 team in the early '80s and spnsored the mclaren F1 team with TAG engines built by Porsche. long story short, heuer was on the ropes and ojjeh picked it up for next to nothinig. Nowadays TAg heuer are fairly ordinary 'fashion watches' with much of their production based in china. the uber cool looking heuers from the '60s and seventies are desirable, going up in price and are popular with vintage motorsport collectors. the watch flez scored is a remake of the classic heuer "monaco" watch of the 60s. but without the digital 69 feature :)

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
That's a great looking watch, Fernando. I own a TAG Formula 1 and I think it's a great watch. According to a factory rep, almost all of the pieces of a TAG are replaceable, insuring that servicing issues will not be a factor in the future.
BTW, I have never heard of anyone trading a piece of art for audio gear....maybe I should look around for what art piece I can trade.....oops, forgot about the WAF:rolleyes:

We both know that is an important variable in the equation DaveyF (WAF)? in this case the painting I traded was expensive and not that nice....

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City

Thanks Hedgedog, this one is actually two separate cases, the analog one is a manual winding motor and the digital is quartz.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing