TAD factory visit (171 pictures)

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I wonder if those women in the factory go home and yell at their husbands about their ugly stereos.

hifikontoen

Dec 19, 2011
I wonder if those women in the factory go home and yell at their husbands about their ugly stereos.

Maybe very downsized versions of TAD R1 are in their homes ?
http://www.catbank.jp/event/2007/TAD/12.jpg
http://www.catbank.jp/event/2007/TAD/13.jpg

For all we know, their stereos may consist of components among these (many pictures):
http://www.catbank.jp/event/2010/dms/kawamata/

Here is one of Pioneer/TAD's own listening rooms (I suppose) (pictures taken before TAD released their own electronics):
http://www.catbank.jp/event/2007/TAD/index.html

The TAD R1's are outstanding speakers.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Amazing .. Thanks for the share !

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Here is one of Pioneer/TAD's own listening rooms (I suppose) (pictures taken before TAD released their own electronics):
http://www.catbank.jp/event/2007/TAD/index.html

The TAD R1's are outstanding speakers.

If that's the one at Pioneer Plaza in Tokyo, i have been in that listening room to hear their full TAD setup. It certainly looks similar to the one at Pioneer Plaza.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I truly admire Japanese electronic works and manufacturing processes - many still believe that TAD is in the top-5 regarding speakers and electronics - thanks for sharing these pics, terrific!

hifikontoen

Dec 19, 2011
BruceB, NorthStar and Jazzhead: Nice that you liked the pictures.

If that's the one at Pioneer Plaza in Tokyo, i have been in that listening room to hear their full TAD setup. It certainly looks similar to the one at Pioneer Plaza.
Wow. I would have loved to be there.
Tell us about the experience and the sound at Pioneer Plaza in Tokyo !

Is that outstanding listening room often open for visitors ?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Wow. I would have loved to be there.
Tell us about the experience and the sound at Pioneer Plaza in Tokyo !

Is that outstanding listening room often open for visitors ?

I think it is. My wife is Japanese and she got me in...ended up meeting with the President of TAD which unexpected and quite nice. The room is exceedingly neutral with no slap echo, but certainly not overdamped either...a place you could be happy setting up a ssytem in...and living if you know what i mean. I am not sure i could stand living in an anechoic chamber...lets put it that way.

The system was the TAD Ref Ones (newer version), TAD Ref Monos, TAD full-on digital and TAD Ref preamp. Exceedingly impressive clarity, transparency...my wife particularly enjoyed it when playing Glenn Gould Bach Goldberg variations (1981)...i wanted a touch more warmth and weight to my keyboard the way i used to hear it when i studied piano. But in fairness, my wife disagreed and quite liked it. And she probably has fewer 'mental colorations' that she has adopted over time than i might have as residual colorations i got used to over the course of many years of system listening. I will say my system has grown decidedly less colored over the last 3 years...and i love it. So who knows...in a few years, i might consider the TAD room i heard absolute State of the Art.

In any event, it was a great room, a great system and was impressive in all regards. The only area where i feel confident it could be improved was in endless slam/dynamics. I am used to have big Wilsons and a big sub, which on electronic is a totally different experience. I found the XLFs a touch lacking with D'Agostino monos...wishing they had brought the Thor along, so that is a personal bias and sets the context in which i make this one critique. Hope that helps.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing