System for 10K that will shame $30K systems all day long!

I found an in-room frequency response plot for the MA-30. Not just the tweeter as posted earlier. But it is in-room, 2.6m back. Not anechoic chamber response. So pretty good for in-room.

Mundorf-MA-30 .jpg

Here's the standard $750 Mundorf MA-30 cabinet for comparison. 3/4" MDF made in China.

Mundorf_Speaker_Kit_large.jpg

As i have said before.. if you think that flat response in room at sitting position is good sound you will be in a very small minority..
the acid test is listening , thats reality..postulating what the system sounds like without having it in real life..well thats just pie in the sky.

As i have said before.. if you think that flat response in room at sitting position is good sound you will be in a very small minority..

What's that have to do with this thread?

Your signature already shows the mistakes you've made. So I wouldn't expect you to take anything seriously on this thread.

It shows the type of sound you like..and its your theory that this system is a killer, modified by that preference.

It shows the type of sound you like..and its your theory that this system is a killer, modified by that preference.

I didn't design these speakers. Call up Accuton and Mundorf and tell them they don't know how to design a speaker, based solely on the fact that I'm recommending them then.

The part costs in this little $3000 speaker is probably 10x higher than the generic Bennic components in your Vivid's. And they're not used because quality xover components being better is a myth.

You have not head the *system* you advocate vs any other system. Its mere theory and conjecture on your part. and your insistence that it will sound better than anything else out there is not proven in any measure.. Nice postulating of a rube goldberg semi DIY concept but far removed from reality.

Let's compare the xovers in the $68000 Vivid Giya G1 speaker with the Mundorf MA-30

Vivid's. 100% Bennic Taiwanese sourced component's. The bottom of the barrel in quality and lowest cost option.

Vivid Giya 1 xover.jpg

Let's see. We have the Bennic XXP caps:

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/bennic-capacitors/

Bennic air core inductors:

http://meniscusaudio.com/inductors-20ga-core-c-81_95.html

And Bennic sand cast resistors:

http://www.hndme.com/productcart/pc/viewcategories.asp?idCategory=18

All the lowest quality available parts out there. As well as cheapest cost.

Hmmm. Seems a bit odd doesn't it? But yes I know parts only matter when they are on the outside of the cabinet. I forgot.

Now let's look at the Mundorf MA-30 standard xovers and with Silver/gold evo upgrade:

TB24D.EbXXXXXadXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!57406790.jpg MA30 kit-XO pair.jpg

Mundorf Supreme Silver/gold caps:

http://www.partsconnexion.com/capacitor_film_mundorf_sgo.html (look at the Supreme silver/gold 6.8mfd cap in each speaker are $208 each alone!! 1 in each speaker! Probably more than the cost of the complete Vivid xover with a single cap!)

Mundorf evo silver/gold oil caps:

http://www.partsconnexion.com/capacitor_film_mundorf_evo_sgo.html (look there's an 8.2mfd Supreme Evo silver/gold worth $233 each. One in each speaker!)

Mundorf evo aluminum oil:

http://www.partsconnexion.com/capacitor_film_mundorf_evo_ao.html

Mundorf air coil copper foil inductors:

http://www.partsconnexion.com/inductor_mundorf_14.html

And Mundorf supreme resistors:

http://www.partsconnexion.com/resistors_mundorf.html

Here's the Xover schematic:

MA30.jpg

Now lets add up the parts cost of all the xover components and drivers.

Xover parts from Parts Connexion, and drivers from Madisound:

Ma30-parts cost.jpg

Now lets add 2 pairs of WBT binding posts:

http://www.partsconnexion.com/WBT-75718.html

Another $133.90

Grand total comes to: $2954.09

and you still need cabinets, cables, fasteners, dampening material.

Show me 1 other speaker that has an internal parts cost that is the same as the complete speaker!

Last edited:
That post shows just how far off base you are. Reality and your theory are not the same thing

Very nice Mike, thx! :cool:

* I have to say again: It is an enormous benefit to have you here.
I feel even privileged to be able to say it to you here. So I appreciate my membership here; it's a big gain.

No problem! Yes they look very nice. Very good customer feedback and reviews too. Nice guy as well building them. A real craftsman, offering solid products at a solid value.

Last edited:
You have not head the *system* you advocate vs any other system. Its mere theory and conjecture on your part. and your insistence that it will sound better than anything else out there is not proven in any measure.. Nice postulating of a rube goldberg semi DIY concept but far removed from reality.

This thread isn't for you Rodney. It's for people who have the ability to decipher BS from reality.

Last edited:
The point you dont get is that a system is more than merely the sum of its parts.. and *reality* is listening to it , rather than postulate how it sounds.. which is merely Bs pontification. if its merely postulation..you cannot possible make claims it will better this or that system..and expect them to be taken as definative

The point you dont get is that a system is more than merely the sum of its parts.. and *reality* is listening to it , rather than postulate how it sounds.. which is merely Bs pontification. if its merely postulation..you cannot possible make claims it will better this or that system..and expect them to be taken as definative

Please re-read my previous post. I'm just dishing out the facts here. It's up to the readers to decide if the information is valid, or BS. My subjective opinion of the system would be much less meaningful than the information I've provided. But I do understand, those who have been salesmen, magazine, and forum educated, won't find much value in my threads.

Bliz, just stop responding to everyone. It's not necessary. Rodney is way far off-base here and everyone who can read, can see it. That Vivid xo is really disappointing...

Bliz, just stop responding to everyone. It's not necessary. Rodney is way far off-base here and everyone who can read, can see it. That Vivid xo is really disappointing...

Well some guys you can make you're point quickly with 1 post, but with others, it takes several. Hopefully folks will realize soon that it will take valid information to debunk the information I share. And since the information I'm sharing is 100% correct, you will never be able to debunk it. That's the beauty of telling the truth :)

Rodney; this is Bliz's forum now. get over it. and his sycophants follow him implicitly.

listening experience has nothing to do with it. actual performance of gear is secondary to a surface view of parts costs. a common view from the DIY world, and made truth now on WBF with repetition.

things are always as simple and linear as Bliz says they are.

I miss Amir's graphs.;)

like I miss twisting my ankle compared to blowing out my ACL.

Rodney; this is Bliz's forum now. get over it. and his sycophants follow him implicitly.

listening experience has nothing to do with it. actual performance of gear is secondary to a surface view of parts costs. a common view from the DIY world, and made truth now on WBF with repetition.

things are always as simple and linear as Bliz says they are.

I miss Amir's graphs.;)

like I miss twisting my ankle compared to blowing out my ACL.

That post was condescending, insulting and completely unnecessary and has been reported as such.

That post was condescending, insulting and completely unnecessary and has been reported as such.

Don't worry about it. Mike's just upset that he paid 10x more for his system than it's worth. It's his way of expressing his disappointment.

But from another angle, if it cost any less he wouldn't be interested, because it wouldn't have the same level of bragging rights for the forum. All I can say to the salesmen out there reading, take this guy for all he's worth, because he's good for the money :)

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing