Subwoofer Connection

shel50

Aug 3, 2020
Long Island, NY
Dear All,
I'm currently running dual B&W subs from my integrated amp-line level.
However-since my amp has only 1 "sub out" im using a Y splitter--
It of course works but i'm not getting "Stereo Sub" so to speak but mono on the subs
It sounds fine frankly-just curious if stereo sub would make a huge sonic difference.

I really love the amp and dont feel like spending more cash on another amp
to accomodate the sub

Any thoughts?

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
I really love the amp and dont feel like spending more cash on another amp
to accomodate the sub
You answered your own question. Based on this statement I would say keep what you have and enjoy.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
One thought it’s better to use the speaker putout if the amp with an attenuator
My reason is this amps / speakers have an effective sound so if we use this as the sub input we have a live source to feed the subs. I’ll bet if you try this you will notice a better cohesive integration

Robh3606

Aug 24, 2010
Destiny
The frequency range for location clues is above the subwoofer range. I have run stereo subs and are now using mono with no significant difference so I would not worry about it. Typically the LFE is mono anyway so??

Rob :)

Reactions: Young Skywalker

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing