Submerge Subwoofer

CJmooney

Feb 5, 2021

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
It looks nice!

I didn't see any frequency range specification.

I wonder how it would compare in practice to REL 31 or to REL 212/SX (Jim Smith's favorite subwoofer)?

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
I am a little surprised to see that it is ported.

Tom

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Reactions: Kingsrule

henrich3

Jun 7, 2022
Scottsdale, AZ
Just saw this on the Wilson Audio website. Any thoughts, comments?

https://www.wilsonaudio.com/products/submerge/submerge
A sub with a 12" driver? Cute, but I don't get out of bed for less than 18 inches... :cool:

https://www.funkaudio.ca

henrich3

Jun 7, 2022
Scottsdale, AZ
My first Funk sub was a dual 15" in Java Bamboo veneer -

I don't have that one anymore. I'm sure that you'll be happy with your dual 12". Nathan always does a fine job no matter how you want it configured. What veneer did you choose?

Cheers.

Reactions: Zeotrope

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
My first Funk sub was a dual 15" in Java Bamboo veneer -

I don't have that one anymore. I'm sure that you'll be happy with your dual 12". Nathan always does a fine job no matter how you want it configured. What veneer did you choose?

Cheers.
Thanks, great to hear. It’s very late - over a year past the quoted delivery time! That said, no one does what he does, and the price:performance is also unique, so I am not going to complain.

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
BTW
On the subject of subs,
I would appreciate your opinion on PSA Sub-woofers?

henrich3

Jun 7, 2022
Scottsdale, AZ
Thanks, great to hear. It’s very late - over a year past the quoted delivery time! That said, no one does what he does, and the price:performance is also unique, so I am not going to complain.
My dual 18" took over a year to build & deliver. The piano gloss finish on bamboo took a long time to get perfect. I don't think that year long waits are typical at Funk Audio. Best wishes with your new sub! :)

BTW
On the subject of subs,
I would appreciate your opinion on PSA Sub-woofers?

I don't have personal experience with PSA subs, nor have I read much about them. There are a lot of owner comments about them over at AVS Forum however.
- - -
Since this is the Submerge thread, I'd rather not upset folks by posting more about non-Wilson subs here. Feel free to PM me if you have questions about the Funk subs.

Cheers.

Reactions: itay123

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing