Statement e2 has come available…

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
From what I can barely see in your darkroom they look great Milan, enjoy!
david
I was sitting listening to music at midnight, i lifted my iPad and took a couple of pictures from the listening position, yes i am lazy ! :rolleyes: Thank you again David, you are truly a treasure, these things would still be sitting in Boston without you !:)

Reactions: ddk and tima

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
They are large, play very deep bass notes and take some time to adjust/integrate into my listening room, but i already hear words and sounds that i have not heard before on very familiar albums, lyrics are surprisingly understandable. David also tells me, that after long storage/transportation, they will need time to settle. :)

A remarkable find and acquisition - congratulations Milan!

And this all happened inside what, 2 months? The shipping gods truly smiled on you, customs too, I suspect. David truly is an expediter king. Boom - there they are in your room. Did you need 2 ladders?

Production ended in 2008? So they're not quite vintage, but I wonder if we will see the likes of such a gargantuan effort again. You gotta appreciate a guy who kept them in the condition you received.

Reactions: ddk and Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
first, you never know whom Lagonda wants in stockings for Xmas. Any bets he tries to fit himself into one?
The only Christmas tradition i have, is watching reruns of "Bad Santa" every year, i truly get in Christmas mood when a drunken Billy Bob Thornton infuses Lauren Graham with the spirit dressed as Santa, and she exclaims " F... me Santa ! F... me Santa !" :p

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
A remarkable find and acquisition - congratulations Milan!

And this all happened inside what, 2 months? The shipping gods truly smiled on you, customs too, I suspect. David truly is an expediter king. Boom - there they are in your room. Did you need 2 ladders?

Production ended in 2008? So they're not quite vintage, but I wonder if we will see the likes of such a gargantuan effort again. You gotta appreciate a guy who kept them in the condition you received.
A millionaire moved from one "house" to another, a year after buying them in 2005.They where stored in original packaging in a big garage and never assembled again. He had sold the house recently and his female assistant was trying to clear everything before December first. My payment went trough Friday, Monday Davids guy had someone pick them up and store them a few days, i had them in Denmark less than a week later. Danish custom and transportation took longer getting them the last 150 km than it took sending them from the US !:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Attn: Lagonda

G'day mate, certainly wonderful to see these legendary stats rise up again, as if something mythical has arisen! Look out!

Just wondering on a few things:
1. My good mate has these fitted with some real heavy duty spikes but that's only when positioned into place. Most of the time they're on heavy duty casters... so that he slides them into the far corners of his massive room to make way for either the Infinity's or the Alsyvox. He was considering the Iso Acoustics Gaia's but none of them can hold such a weight, unless he got a modded version of the Gaia's, which he didn't want to do for some reason.
What are you using as supports? Spikes, casters or something else?

2. Those look like timber floors...? I could be wrong. He had timber flooring prior but it didn't work for such large systems. They started to warp over a period of time, specially in tropical climes... So the flooring was changed into concrete slab with large plate ceramic tiles. Each of the Statements rests on top of a granite slab that was custom made. It is this granite slab that can be positioned into place like a platform sort of, whenever a speaker system is in use. The Infinity's ribbon panels fit perfectly onto this slab and then secured with their supplied bases.
What flooring do you have? Are you using any sort of platforms or are the Statements positioned as is directly onto the floor? Just wondering if you used any custom made platforms.

3. Currently he uses CJ's ART300's. From our brief chat on Xmas day, he's moving out the Dag Relentless amps to another dealer and taking delivery of two top tier tube amps from VAC and Jadis. Although I'm very familiar with VAC and CJ, which is what I currently use on my CLX's, I really really do like the Jadis amps, they make some extraordinary fine tube gear!
Any experience with Jadis on ML stats?

Cheers and a merry Xmas!
RJ

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Attn: Lagonda

G'day mate, certainly wonderful to see these legendary stats rise up again, as if something mythical has arisen! Look out!

Just wondering on a few things:
1. My good mate has these fitted with some real heavy duty spikes but that's only when positioned into place. Most of the time they're on heavy duty casters... so that he slides them into the far corners of his massive room to make way for either the Infinity's or the Alsyvox. He was considering the Iso Acoustics Gaia's but none of them can hold such a weight, unless he got a modded version of the Gaia's, which he didn't want to do for some reason.
What are you using as supports? Spikes, casters or something else?

2. Those look like timber floors...? I could be wrong. He had timber flooring prior but it didn't work for such large systems. They started to warp over a period of time, specially in tropical climes... So the flooring was changed into concrete slab with large plate ceramic tiles. Each of the Statements rests on top of a granite slab that was custom made. It is this granite slab that can be positioned into place like a platform sort of, whenever a speaker system is in use. The Infinity's ribbon panels fit perfectly onto this slab and then secured with their supplied bases.
What flooring do you have? Are you using any sort of platforms or are the Statements positioned as is directly onto the floor? Just wondering if you used any custom made platforms.

3. Currently he uses CJ's ART300's. From our brief chat on Xmas day, he's moving out the Dag Relentless amps to another dealer and taking delivery of two top tier tube amps from VAC and Jadis. Although I'm very familiar with VAC and CJ, which is what I currently use on my CLX's, I really really do like the Jadis amps, they make some extraordinary fine tube gear!
Any experience with Jadis on ML stats?

Cheers and a merry Xmas!
RJ
Never heard Jadis on ML. Until now my MBL speakers where on concrete slabs, and sub towers on wood floor. The floor is concrete (no basement) with a thick layer of wood planks upon witch a layer of finer lacquered wood is glued. Very solid. Speakers are on casters, but will go on ML custom spikes, once i have nailed the placement in the room and distance from sub-towers, in a year or so :rolleyes: FD470010-6CF3-4DC0-97C7-85D12518CAED.jpeg B53367F5-8497-44F9-A35A-0DD968963AF6.jpeg 491183B0-2C2C-4EA8-AA18-2D73E6800A50.jpeg

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Milan, no WAY is that your place.
I mean, that room looks so pleasant and homely. Whereas, yours...

Reactions: Lagonda

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Never heard Jadis on ML. Until now my MBL speakers where on concrete slabs, and sub towers on wood floor. The floor is concrete (no basement) with a thick layer of wood planks upon witch a layer of finer lacquered wood is glued. Very solid. Speakers are on casters, but will go on ML custom spikes, once i have nailed the placement in the room and distance from sub-towers, in a year or so :rolleyes: View attachment 102039 View attachment 102038 View attachment 102037
Ok, nice one mate. Now I understand the flooring and your proposed set up... sounds like a solid plan! Keep us posted on the progress, I'm sure you'll be enjoying those fine tunes in no time!
Woof! RJ

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
Dear Martin Logan owners,
Here’s what I did.. I made my own small M-L Statement with my Request (some 20+ years) and a total of 6 M-L BF-210 and integrated it to my system. The system goes flat down under 15Hz, with no effort at all.
The sub-towers are integrated in such way that they just extand the ReQuests and changes the atmospheric preasure in the room. I use the Krell KAV 250p as volume control for the subs. The extern volyme control is raised to the middle of it’s scale and set as a reference volyme… When I need to fil or when I need to lower the subs, I just adjust the extern volyme control a little bit up or down from it’s center reference volyme. Very convenient and very easy to manage.
It was tough a nightmare to install and setup and find all the right volymes for everything, but now… when they are integrated, you can’t hear that there are 12 10-inch drivers behind the ReQuests… The only thing you hear is a pair of BIG ReQuests… hehe.

Enjoy

/ Jk 75C92157-4420-4DE7-8F29-EDA6CBDA1C91.jpeg 7DF9BE65-93E9-427F-AADB-A1085C9A2CCB.jpeg 8ABD208E-A23D-40B1-9A0E-158D8958852D.jpeg 82C3DF3E-8579-4C8E-9AD2-883DE816F2EA.jpeg

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
so I assume the guy who helped was not an audiophile?
Hahaha - I needed to hire myself a bodybuilder when I installed my BF-210 sub-towers… it was a heavy task..!!
I can imagine you will need a couple of human forklifts.. haha!!

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Nice project Johan K!

Looks like you've put in the extra effort and it was well worth it. I'm sure you'll be enjoying your system and the way it reproduces recorded music for many years!

In the meantime, I'm not sure if you've ever had the chance of listening to the Statements Evo-II's fully set up... if so that's great! If not, then perhaps one day you will... it's an awe-inspiring experience! One of those things you'll never ever forget.

The ML Statements Evolution II's, have been my reference speakers for many decades, and still to this day, it remains as my number one reference system. It's just a legendary sound!

Btw, if im correct, Lagonda previously owned the Statements... this is his second Statement system... he missed it that much!!!

Cheers, and enjoy those fine tunes!
Woof! RJ

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
Nice project Johan K!

Looks like you've put in the extra effort and it was well worth it. I'm sure you'll be enjoying your system and the way it reproduces recorded music for many years!

In the meantime, I'm not sure if you've ever had the chance of listening to the Statements Evo-II's fully set up... if so that's great! If not, then perhaps one day you will... it's an awe-inspiring experience! One of those things you'll never ever forget.

The ML Statements Evolution II's, have been my reference speakers for many decades, and still to this day, it remains as my number one reference system. It's just a legendary sound!

Btw, if im correct, Lagonda previously owned the Statements... this is his second Statement system... he missed it that much!!!

Cheers, and enjoy those fine tunes!
Woof! RJ
He there Big Dog RJ

Thank you for your kind words.
Yes I enjoy my system almost every day, and it is really an amazing system that I never get tired of… just love it. It sound great. It is lways something to do in there.. vinyl, movie, CD’s, streaming, cassette.. you name it… I have so much fun playing around in the hifi-bunker.

But I have to admit.. I have never heard the E2’s… so it would be an honor if some nice friendly person would show them and demo them for me sometime.
I can understand that it would be something extra… So I hope that some day….

Biggest complete system that I have heard was an Infinity IRS Beta system with Krell FPB-600’s, KRC-HR, Transparent XL SS interconnect and speaker cables… It sounded massive, but I don’t think it comes near the Statement E2’s, after what I have heard and read…
Sooo… maybe the best it yet to come?.

/ Jk

Reactions: AZWink and Lagonda

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
He there Big Dog RJ

Thank you for your kind words.
Yes I enjoy my system almost every day, and it is really an amazing system that I never get tired of… just love it. It sound great. It is lways something to do in there.. vinyl, movie, CD’s, streaming, cassette.. you name it… I have so much fun playing around in the hifi-bunker.

But I have to admit.. I have never heard the E2’s… so it would be an honor if some nice friendly person would show them and demo them for me sometime.
I can understand that it would be something extra… So I hope that some day….

Biggest complete system that I have heard was an Infinity IRS Beta system with Krell FPB-600’s, KRC-HR, Transparent XL SS interconnect and speaker cables… It sounded massive, but I don’t think it comes near the Statement E2’s, after what I have heard and read…
Sooo… maybe the best it yet to come?.

/ Jk
Yes indeed, those legendary Infinity systems designed by Arnie Nudell, were quite legendary! Although I've owned quite a few systems from his designs way back then: IRS-1B, Epsilon, and Ren90, both of those bigger ones gave me numerous issues with the Servo control unit. Some were so bad that they didn't have any of the original parts, plus the EMIT's and EMIM's were getting even rarer. So I sold off those systems and ended up with the Ren90's, actually using a friends pair of Ren80's for parts! I had two pairs of Ren90's, one in Piano Black finish and the other was an unusual Honey Blonde, gorgeous! The last pair of Ren90's were sold off in 2004 just after I migrated to Aus. The funny thing was it went to a band leader, who also bought my Manley Ref350's and the VTL Wotans. This were real classic vintage tube power houses, and when driving Infinity's, it just blew the roof off. I guess that's the sound he preferred being a true musician who played bass and drums.

As you rightly mentioned, it sounded massive! However, what it lacked was pristine clarity, inner detail, transparency and finesse. So when I first came across ML stats, I walked out with the CLS-IIz's, and the rest is history! I've been dreaming about the Statement EVO-II's ever since I first experienced them but you HAVE to have a VERY large room, otherwise forget it! It's not just the amplification to drive and control the Statements, rather the room must be able to accommodate all the gear and it requires a major set up process. It actually takes several weeks to get it right, and even then only after a few finer adjustments with the bass towers and critical positioning, only then everything else falls into place. The other thing is that this particular set up process simply cannot be done by one person. There has to be at least one or two others to tweak things whiles it's been set up... otherwise it can be a daunting task to dial in properly. Whereas most other simpler ML stat systems and be finely tuned and adjusted by the single owner. So after dreaming about the Statements... my next dream system were the CLX Art's, and that dream came true! Only after nearly 21yrs... finally!

I really think the gear you've put together sounds fabulous! Having the stats go nearly full range down to mid bass and then LF's taken care of by an array of BF210's... that's something else! Indeed a mini-Statement without a doubt! Would have been truly tops if I had a chance to audition. Would have learned something new yet again!
Woof! RJ

Last edited:
Reactions: Gregadd and Johan K

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
Yes indeed, those legendary Infinity systems designed by Arnie Nudell, were quite legendary! Although I've owned quite a few systems from his designs way back then: IRS-1B, Epsilon, and Ren90, both of those bigger ones gave me numerous issues with the Servo control unit. Some were so bad that they didn't have any of the original parts, plus the EMIT's and EMIM's were getting even rarer. So I sold off those systems and ended up with the Ren90's, actually using a friends pair of Ren80's for parts! I had two pairs of Ren90's, one in Piano Black finish and the other was an unusual Honey Blonde, gorgeous! The last pair of Ren90's were sold off in 2004 just after I migrated to Aus. The funny thing was it went to a band leader, who also bought my Manley Ref350's and the VTL Wotans. This were real classic vintage tube power houses, and when driving Infinity's, it just blew the roof off. I guess that's the sound he preferred being a true musician who played bass and drums.

As you rightly mentioned, it sounded massive! However, what it lacked was pristine clarity, inner detail, transparency and finesse. So when I first came across ML stats, I walked out with the CLS-IIz's, and the rest is history! I've been dreaming about the Statement EVO-II's ever since I first experienced them but you HAVE to have a VERY large room, otherwise forget it! It's not just the amplification to drive and control the Statements, rather the room must be able to accommodate all the gear and it requires a major set up process. It actually takes several weeks to get it right, and even then only after a few finer adjustments with the bass towers and critical positioning, only then everything else falls into place. The other thing is that this particular set up process simply cannot be done by one person. There has to be at least one or two others to tweak things whiles it's been set up... otherwise it can be a daunting task to dial in properly. Whereas most other simpler ML stat systems and be finely tuned and adjusted by the single owner. So after dreaming about the Statements... my next dream system were the CLX Art's, and that dream came true! Only after nearly 21yrs... finally!

I really think the gear you've put together sounds fabulous! Having the stats go nearly full range down to mid bass and then LF's taken care of by an array of BF210's... that's something else! Indeed a mini-Statement without a doubt! Would have been truly tops if I had a chance to audition. Would have learned something new yet again!
Woof! RJ
Well BigDog,

Wasn’t that the coolest story of today??!!
My friend in south part of Sweden had almost the same Infinity gear as you just mention.
Ren 90’s and 80’s Epsilon and ofcourse the IRS Beta’s.
Today it had all been sold off and now he sits tight with Wilson W P-6 and modified Krell FPB-750 monoblocks.

Well you really getting me pumped up regarding the Statement’s, haha…

I’ll tell you a story:
I have had a very acoustic troubled room, so to install my ReQuest took me about three years.. (sounds like I would be retarded or something) but it was a major task to find the most perfect set up for them. Just move them an inch in one direction and the sound was gone.. likewise with the sofa if I moved that one.. I was about to go mad for real… But I perservered and finally after all this time I found it.. The great big sound from the ReQuests.. To implement all my eight subwoofers took me another 5-6 month before I was satisfied…
Soooo.. You could say I’m a little bit nerdy when it comes to getting the sound right.
With the subs I had to have help from my strong wife and a friendly bodybuilder to move and build the sub-towers, but as you said, the ReQuests I could manage by my self..
The Statement’s got to be a monster task to adjust… Mine was tough, but the Statement’s.. ohh boy - ohh boy..!!

The BF-210 is rated to go down to 20hz, but because I have then in a line-array, they interact with each other and go down and under 15Hz flat… Totally amazing physics. So when I play church organ, the hole house is literally wobling with those low frequency.
And with acoustic guitar and voice, its like floting honey in the room and with Metallica it (can) be if I want to - be like standing in the golden circle in a soccer stadium…
So that’s how my system can perform… I can asure you that you would not be disapointed, and if you should pass thru, you are very welcome… Music, Swedish ”fika” , drinks and food…
Btw: I’ve heard the CLX ART’s in Stockholm at one time.. with a pair of BF-212… Whaoo what a sound… You are a lucky guy to have them. They are very beautiful… and sounds fantastic.

/ Jk

Reactions: Big Dog RJ

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Good stuff matey! Very glad to hear that your enjoying the music, after having carefully selected the right gear and set up options. Definitely through the extra effort put it, to create that type of custom sound is unique! Just sit back and enjoy those fine tunes!

I also look forward to hearing from Lagonda's finer adjustments on his S- Evo-II's, specifically what distances he's considered with the sub tower layout. It's not an easy task to get the position straight off the bat, simply because there are multiple arrays and N- number of placement options... However, there will be a critical position, which gels with the specific room, once that placement point is identified, the synergy will be superb! After all, these are the S- Evo-II's, and they usually tend to make a "Statement!"

Cheers, RJ

Reactions: Lagonda and Johan K

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
Good stuff matey! Very glad to hear that your enjoying the music, after having carefully selected the right gear and set up options. Definitely through the extra effort put it, to create that type of custom sound is unique! Just sit back and enjoy those fine tunes!

I also look forward to hearing from Lagonda's finer adjustments on his S- Evo-II's, specifically what distances he's considered with the sub tower layout. It's not an easy task to get the position straight off the bat, simply because there are multiple arrays and N- number of placement options... However, there will be a critical position, which gels with the specific room, once that placement point is identified, the synergy will be superb! After all, these are the S- Evo-II's, and they usually tend to make a "Statement!"

Cheers, RJ
Thank you R J,

Yes - I will enjoy the tune, I’ll promise!

Btw: Have you ever considered puting a stack of subs on each side of your beautiful CLX-ART’s? A very good approach would be a pair of BF-212, one on each side…

A more beasty approach would be three BF-212 on each side.. then you would hava a small statement too…

Just the change of atmospheric preasure in the room and the amount of bass drivers will help the mids and the top end to perform even better too…Tuned in just so the CLX extends to the Marianer trench…(if you know what I mean).

But don’t blame me for puting funny thoughts in your mind now… haha…

It would be cool though!

Yes, it will be very cool to here about Lagondas progress with the ”real” Statement’s. He’s got litterly a TON of work with those.. Very cool indeed!

Happy New Year, R J !!!

All the best

/ Johan

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Thank you R J,

Yes - I will enjoy the tune, I’ll promise!

Btw: Have you ever considered puting a stack of subs on each side of your beautiful CLX-ART’s? A very good approach would be a pair of BF-212, one on each side…

A more beasty approach would be three BF-212 on each side.. then you would hava a small statement too…

Just the change of atmospheric preasure in the room and the amount of bass drivers will help the mids and the top end to perform even better too…Tuned in just so the CLX extends to the Marianer trench…(if you know what I mean).

But don’t blame me for puting funny thoughts in your mind now… haha…

It would be cool though!

Yes, it will be very cool to here about Lagondas progress with the ”real” Statement’s. He’s got litterly a TON of work with those.. Very cool indeed!

Happy New Year, R J !!!

All the best

/ Johan
A very happy New Year to you as well and to everyone here on WBF! Woof! to 2023

Yes, I have auditioned subs with CLX's and although certainly great in every way of LF heft, it's not my thing. For many years I've used full range speakers, mostly panels; Infinity IRS1B, Epsilon, Apogee Diva's, nearly every Maggie model from the MGIIIa to the MG20.1's, Quad ESL's and now ML's. The type of music I listen to ever rarely reaches below 45Hz... Vocals, strings, piano, small jazz ensembles that's about it! Just the other day, I was listening to Keith Jarret's concert in Klon (however you spell it...) the sub never kicked in. After nearly 4 years of going without a sub, I started listening to music from Grant Green, Bob James trio, Holly Cole, Sade, Lee Ritenour, Larry Carlton, Patricia Barber, Lizz Wright and Cassandra Wilson on vinyl, and realized there was a certain amount of LF layering that the CLX's couldn't reproduce on their own full range. The LF detail was certainly evident, due to its double bass stat panels but it lacked a certain amount of weight and tonal heft. So, this was where I added the sub and the presentation was more believable. Did have the thought of adding one more, just to balance it out but in that case I would need a much larger room. With the single BF210, the LF layering, weight and tonal balance is just perfect. Don't want to overdo it... and like I said most of the time the sub sleeps in standby mode. I have addressed this before on the forum under my post "BF210" when I got this in Sept, and I was replying to Ron R, when in fact he did ask me about adding a second one... so no, it's not required in my particular room & setup.

All the very best for 2023, hope everyone is in good health and most of all, enjoying those fine tunes!
Cheers, RJ

Reactions: Johan K

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I think multiple subs are a cure for room problems. One sub creating a satellite system can be adequate.

Reactions: Johan K

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
I think multiple subs are a cure for room problems. One sub creating a satellite system can be adequate.
Dear Gregadd,

You are absolutly right. If you use multiple subs with many drivers… They intend to eliminate standing waves and node’s in a very positive way. One thing one has to be careful about though, is the fact that many subdrivers make much more bass in the room, so you have to have so much pondus, that you dare to reduse the volyme of each sub so they don’t act like a sledgehammers, but actually get integrated in your system and just make the extension of your front speakers..
Then you’re home safe.
Then you will get a much more complete overall sound… and hopefully.. the room-acoustics acts a little bit better too.

All the best

/ Jk

Reactions: Gregadd

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing