Split Decision!!!! StereoMojo Review: One for, One against..Bruce Brown!

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Did the other reviewer had another pair of speakers in the near vicinity when he had the ML setup?

I always try to remove any other speakers not in use because of the magnetic interference.
If removal is not possible, the next best thing is shorting the positive/negative leads.

Care to explain how you get magnetic interference between different speakers in the same room and how that magnetic interference manifests itself in the sound of the speakers that are playing?

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
Australian government just banned fruit imports from the Pacific NW.

Wow,.... guess I can cancel that trip now! :eek:

Cross tourism between USA & Australia/New Zealand has dropped 37% in the last few weeks
The Australian government just banned fruit imports from the Pacific NW.
JUST KIDDING

It would be a very interesting world [and much better] if all reviews on all subjects were honest.

Keep up the ethical work Bruce.

zz

NMMark1962

Jun 29, 2013
Santa Fe, NM
Did the other reviewer had another pair of speakers in the near vicinity when he had the ML setup?

I always try to remove any other speakers not in use because of the magnetic interference.
If removal is not possible, the next best thing is shorting the positive/negative leads.

This reminds me of the very early days at various Linn dealers....a few I met were fanatics about making sure there were no other speakers in the room during a demonstration. It has been many moons ago since I sat in the old school Linn dealers rooms, but what I can remember was that Ivor Tiefenbrun (chief Linnie) believed that other unused speakers in the room could become active due to the various sound waves propagated by the playing system, thus coloring the sound of the system that was playing...I am probably not explaining this well, but, it WAS a long time ago (senior moment) I heard this reasoning. Correct or not, I have NO idea.....

Cheers,

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing