Some More Of The Genius Of Elon Musk

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
When I have clicked on your youtubes lately, I get a message on the youtube screen in your post that "An error has occurred. Please try again later. Learn more."

Then I click on the title line of the youtube and it goes to youtube and plays just fine.

Is it just me or is there something else going on?

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
They always work fine for me.

Also, truly a major achievement, private enterprise and innovation at its best.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
When I have clicked on your youtubes lately, I get a message on the youtube screen in your post that "An error has occurred. Please try again later. Learn more."

Then I click on the title line of the youtube and it goes to youtube and plays just fine.

Is it just me or is there something else going on?

I find some videos won't embed and be seen on a smart phone. I have found some I can see from my computer but occasionally will get that message if I try to view on my phone

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I should have said I am using a Mac computer, not a smart phone.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I had that problem on my Android tablet forever. It is crappy programming by Google not giving a proper message to see what is wrong. Try two things that I have heard of:

1. Make sure your system time is correct.

2. Use Google for DNS rather than what your ISP has provided.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
HA!

I just tried the youtube again, not doing anything different than I had done previously, AND IT PLAYED FINE!

Go figure!

Thank you for the suggestions, anyway.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
Musk is awesome and inspiring.

It is interesting that he has started drumming about the dangers of AI.

Thing is, he;s not too involved personally in the industry, but he is good friends with both Google founders and actually meets them on a regular basis. It is these meetings and discussions with insiders about Google's Machine Learning/Deep Learning technology that got his mind reeling about the subject (not AI, the dangers of AI).

From now on, with ML/DL, the rate of progress of humanity's technology and science will be greatly accelerated.

This is another leg in the acceleration of reaching 'The Singularity' with a progress line more closely hugging an exponential curve rather than a straight line as people usually believe, coinciding with Ray Kurzweil's predictions.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I was watching Disney's Tomorrow Land with my boy and in the background a rocket landed just the way this one did. Science Fiction to Science Fact's changeover rate sure is getting shorter and shorter. Next thing you know we'll be shaving with lasers, oh wait, working prototypes are already on kickstarter.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I was watching Disney's Tomorrow Land with my boy and in the background a rocket landed just the way this one did. Science Fiction to Science Fact's changeover rate sure is getting shorter and shorter. Next thing you know we'll be shaving with lasers, oh wait, working prototypes are already on kickstarter.

Very interesting observation. I like Sci-FI and read a lot of it .. Lately however the technological concepts in Sci-Fi seem lame with respect to today tech.. Exemple, fighter pilots or driving a flying car ... Why would anyone drive a vehicle with today's computer being able to drive a car? I recently had the opportunity drive a Tesla and it parked itself... I know it is not the first car to do so could have been the 2006 Lexus LS... Still, the Tesla was spooky: no noise and the darn stupidly smooth car gliding in a tight spot, in perfect alignment with the sidewalk. I am not too far from refusing to park a car by myself :D.. I am patiently waiting to get my own Tesla :D .. I hope it does have the auto-pilot option as well.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing