So much for losing their edge :)

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Time for the five year cycle of wallet-harvesting. Is this Wilson's way of taxing the rich? Occupy Utah!

At least there will more of those horrid, obsolete and dated/unfashionable 2 versions at Goodwill and by the dempsty dumpsters.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Oh Caesar of a thousand questions, I think you are dead wrong. I have never owned a Wilson speaker, but I think I understand and can explain what the Wilson brand is all about.

I think the Wilson brand is all about building the highest quality speaker in terms of sound quality, materials, and fit and finish that it possibly can at each price point in their product line.

I think Wilson is all about providing jobs for Americans at living wages and providing them a clean, safe environment to work in and is interested in retaining their as employees as long as they can.

I think Wilson is all about carefully selecting and training their dealer network so their customers can be assured of hearing a proper demo of Wilson speakers and having competent dealers install and voice the speakers in customer homes.

I think Wilson is all about giving each of their customers a quality experience from the time of the dealer demo to the time of installation in their home.

And lastly, I think Wilson is all about providing pride of ownership to their customers that starts the minute the speakers are unpacked.

Last edited:

caesar

May 30, 2010
Oh Caesar of a thousand questions...

MEP, let me make a couple of things clear to you When I was a teenager, I thought I had all the answers. But as I grew up, I realized that I can learn a lot more if I shut up and listened rather than talked. Asking intelligent questions one can learn a lot more than thinking you know the right answer. Remember Socrates?

As I grew up even more, I was fortunate to stumble upon Behavioral Economics. I further learned that people can't be experts at everything. In reality, experts are frequently wrong - studies show that experts are right only 50% of the time. In fact it is very difficult to become an expert. If people are doing the same repeatable task and are getting a lot of feedback on their perform. But most are not doing the same cookie cutter thing every day, so many folks think they know what they are talking about when in fact they really don't. Often, a group of intellectually diverse people will outdo an expert.

So even if you think you know the answer to something, the most intelligent thing to do is to ask a crowd what they think. You are likely to learn something new. The business term for this is "Crowdsourcing." The Wilson leadership team are getting an outsider view of their brand and marketing strategy. If they are not arrogant, they are definitely learning something new and seeing things from a different angle...

Regardless of the method behind the madness, if you don't want to read my threads, don't click on them...

caesar

May 30, 2010
Oh Caesar of a thousand questions, I think you are dead wrong. I have never owned a Wilson speaker, but I think I understand and can explain what the Wilson brand is all about.

I think the Wilson brand is all about building the highest quality speaker in terms of sound quality, materials, and fit and finish that it possibly can at each price point in their product line.

I think Wilson is all about providing jobs for Americans at living wages and providing them a clean, safe environment to work in and is interested in retaining their as employees as long as they can.

I think Wilson is all about carefully selecting and training their dealer network so their customers can be assured of hearing a proper demo of Wilson speakers and having competent dealers install and voice the speakers in customer homes.

I think Wilson is all about giving each of their customers a quality experience from the time of the dealer demo to the time of installation in their home.

And lastly, I think Wilson is all about providing pride of ownership to their customers that starts the minute the speakers are unpacked.

MEP, nice, thoughful reply. There are a lot of competitors in the expensive speaker space and surely they are all doing all of the above. How's Wilson different from the other guys?

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Caesar- i'm not sure why the marketing effort is of such concern to you. buy speakers you like the sound of, and don't worry about the marketing/panache.

My speakers have never been reviewed by Stereophile or TAS and I don't lose sleep over it :)

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
MEP, nice, thoughful reply. There are a lot of competitors in the expensive speaker space and surely they are all doing all of the above. How's Wilson different from the other guys?

Caesar-I would say they are not doing all of the above. How many speaker companies outsource their cabinets to China? Lots. How many pay their production workers living wages? How many require the dealer to deliver and set up the speakers in the customer’s homes and have been trained in the method the manufacturer wants utilized? I would say that Wilson set the standard for quality a long time ago that the Johnny Come Latelys are trying to emulate today.

caesar

May 30, 2010
Caesar- i'm not sure why the marketing effort is of such concern to you. buy speakers you like the sound of, and don't worry about the marketing/panache.

My speakers have never been reviewed by Stereophile or TAS and I don't lose sleep over it :)

Different strokes for different folks, I guess, KeithR. I find more than one facet of the hobby interesting, especially anything economics and psychology related.

Whether people care about marketing or not, the Wilson threads have generated a lot of hits.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing