Smoke Fairies

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
This band of two twenty somethings is unique and special. I place them among that very small group of bands/artists who are not well known but deserve to be. They write, they are wonderful musicians and they sing like angels. They won't be on American Idol, their music to too complex. They have toured extensively both as openers and headliners. They have paid their dues. In addition they are nice people who hang around after their shows and love to play.

They just completed a very short (3 dates?) US tour with a band. They are on to Germany and the UK. They mostly have performed as a duo and their interactive guitar play and vocals have to be seen to be believed. They perform both new and older songs and their new album is wonderful. Their live versions of these songs sounded great with their band.

Short documentary of their session at Upstairs (record store day release):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDe8xbo1M80

Cover of Neil Young's Alabama:

http://vimeo.com/18869437

Check out their music videos on Youtube.

I can thank Jazdoc and this forum for steering me to this band!

Last edited:

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Bruce - you are welcome. Best part of these forums is discovering new music to explore.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
I have two of there albums but not the latest. Like them quite a bit.

lasercd

Member Sponsor
Oct 28, 2010
Voorhees, NJ
www.lasercd.com
I have them all. I particularly like the Upstairs At United. I just wish it wasn't pressed at United!!

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Count me in as well. Really enjoy their music.

Is it just me, or is anyone else seeing a sort of renaissance of folk-ish, dream pop, female led, music?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing