Shunyata Anaconda Zitron XLR Interconnects (1m and 1.5m) and 2m Speaker Cable

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
These cables are brand new. They have been burned in using a cable cooker for three days, and been used for 1 day in my system. I did a shootout against my Transparent Audio Reference (at twice the price), and marginally prefered the the latter (in my system), so the Shunyata's have to go. The Shunyata are actually more open and "transparent" in the top end, and a blazingly fast. Ask any dealer that picked up this line and they wil tell you this is the best value ultra high end cable on the market today. Paypal add 3%.

XLR 1m (MSRP $2250) - $1700
XLR 1.5m (MSRP $3010) - $2250
Speaker Cable (MSRP $3998) - $3000

You might want to wait before you sell your cables. I am in the process of converting my system to a full Shunyata Zitron system. Currently I have Anaconda speaker wire, Python interconnects and have just ordered a Python digital cable, a Triton and a full array of Python and Cobra power cords plus some accessories.

What i know thus far is that these cables are very difficult to break in because they require at least 120 hours of actual play time to stabilize. During the stabilization process they are all over the place. Some of the most notable characteristics during break in are very rolled off top end, flatness of dynamics, wandering to no image, not to mention some muddiness. In fact the hours 24 to 48 are so bad that the factory recommends not listening at all. I burn them in while I am away so I do not have to tolerate the variations.

HOWEVER, I have had glimpses of what is coming, and it is nothing short of amazing. The noise floor is so low that you can hear things that you did not know were present. The blackness is incredible and in my opinion contributes to the sound of the speed. But what blows me away, and I mean truly knocks me out, is the speed, the delicacy, the depth of the imaging and the extreme reach and tautness of the bass, and the REALISM of the mids and highs. The system simply disappears.

Everyone I have checked with says much the same thing, you cannot truly appreciate these cables until they are broken in and to get the best you need the Zitron treatment on the AC side, hence the Triton and Zitron power cords.

Yesterday I was at the NYC audio show, which sucked, except for one demo, the Wilson Alexia's with Transparent cable. It was incredibly smooth, a Transparent trademark, but it was not up to the best of what I have heard for a glimpse from the Shunyata's. I will offer a full report when I am fully installed, which I plan to do in stages so I can appreciate each component (Triton and cords). I expect a bib will be necessary when reading my report to address the involuntary drooling.

The Triton is there large AC distribution system. Check it out on their site. It is quite interesting. The Zitron technology is their reverse charge system to remove all transient dielectric charges.

Last edited:
You might want to wait before you sell your cables. I am in the process of converting my system to a full Shunyata Zitron system. Currently I have Anaconda speaker wire, Python interconnects and have just ordered a Python digital cable, a Triton and a full array of Python and Cobra power cords plus some accessories.

What i know thus far is that these cables are very difficult to break in because they require at least 120 hours of actual play time to stabilize. During the stabilization process they are all over the place. Some of the most notable characteristics during break in are very rolled off top end, flatness of dynamics, wandering to no image, not to mention some muddiness. In fact the hours 24 to 48 are so bad that the factory recommends not listening at all. I burn them in while I am away so I do not have to tolerate the variations.

HOWEVER, I have had glimpses of what is coming, and it is nothing short of amazing. The noise floor is so low that you can hear things that you did not know were present. The blackness is incredible and in my opinion contributes to the sound of the speed. But what blows me away, and I mean truly knocks me out, is the speed, the delicacy, the depth of the imaging and the extreme reach and tautness of the bass, and the REALISM of the mids and highs. The system simply disappears.

Everyone I have checked with says much the same thing, you cannot truly appreciate these cables until they are broken in and to get the best you need the Zitron treatment on the AC side, hence the Triton and Zitron power cords.

Yesterday I was at the NYC audio show, which sucked, except for one demo, the Wilson Alexia's with Transparent cable. It was incredibly smooth, a Transparent trademark, but it was not up to the best of what I have heard for a glimpse from the Shunyata's. I will offer a full report when I am fully installed, which I plan to do in stages so I can appreciate each component (Triton and cords). I expect a bib will be necessary when reading my report to address the involuntary drooling.

Good input. May be I should be more patient and put them back in the cooker for a week. Meanwhile, I have to make a decision on a new demo transparent cable I can get at a good price, and that I would need to round out the lineup....

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing