Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Reactions: PeterA

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
The sensor needs to be placed underneath the platter. I used a small piece of wood to which I attached the sensor and I placed it behind the plinth with a small patch of blue tack between the piece of wood and the platform so the sensor would not move.

If I understand correctly you use a block of wood to raise the sensor above the plinth (1 24/32") so it reaches to within 1/8" of the magnet on the bottom of the platter?

Did you glue or double-stick tape the block of wood in place on the plinth? (I am afraid it will look DIY.)

IMG_9311.jpeg

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
If I understand correctly you use a block of wood to raise the sensor above the plinth (1 24/32") so it reaches to within 1/8" of the magnet on the bottom of the platter?

Did you glue or double-stick tape the block of wood in place on the plinth? (I am afraid it will look DIY.)

View attachment 119369

Yes. The block of wood was not on the plinth but on the platform on which my Balance TT was residing. I used a very small patch of Blue Tack to make it stick to the platform. The magnet is delivered with a soft removable glue.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Yes. The block of wood was not on the plinth but on the platform on which my Balance TT was residing. I used a very small patch of Blue Tack to make it stick to the platform. The magnet is delivered with a soft removable glue.

Sorry, my mistake. Yes, I meant the platform.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ron, my whole TT rig has a thrown together look (let's not think about the sound), so a somewhat higgledy-piggledy SOTA Condor/Eclipse/RoadRunner speed tach/motor lash up here is no problem aesthetically.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

djsina2

May 30, 2019
I got one of these Shaknspin last week. I like it. Simple to use. I check/adjust the speed of my table at every session. I also have the KAB and a label size strobe like what Peter mentions. I’ll install the RPM app on my phone and compare that with the Shaknspin and the strobes.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing