Selection of digital cables BNC 75 Ohm.

Mar 30, 2023
Украина
Dear forum users.
I invite you to share your experience in the selection of 75 ohm digital cables
With BNC-BNC connectors.
Which brands of cables showed the best results in the path between: Master clock - DAC; Master Clock - Transport.

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
Having an esoteric player and clock I use their 75 ohm bnc terminator mkIV cable. Never tried any others to comment on. I can only sat it sounds excellent

Mar 30, 2023
Украина
Yes it is. K-01xd and g-01x clock with the mexcel as the connecting cabke
It is very interesting! I have never heard this cable in operation. But my buddy has a second generation pair, does he use with DCS Scarlatti, he recommended these cables to me as optimal for my Vivaldi.

Last edited:

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
No, sorry, purchased at the same time as the clock and cd player. Having had an earlier version of the cable on my earlier gear with no issued, it seemed the logical thing to go with my replacement set up

Mar 30, 2023
Украина
A few days ago I took two Shunyata Research Sigma v2 Clock-75 cables for testing, it's very interesting to see how the sound changes. Become more natural, more voluminous, more alive.
With this in mind, I have two questions for users with experience:
1. Is the decrease in the upper and lower frequencies due to the lack of warming up? (cable is new) or is it the handwriting of Sigma v2 Clock-75?
2. Does it make sense to target Omega right away?
I would appreciate detailed answers.

Mar 30, 2023
Украина
A week ago, I bought two Shunyata Research Omega clocke 75 cables to work in conjunction: dcs vivaldi clocke-dac, clocke-transport. Of course, I expected improvement, but the result surprised me, and this is also without warming up.

justubes

Aug 10, 2015
Was this in a good way, can't really tell if you enjoyed the Omegas more.

Ihave the Sigma v1 clock cables and then the Sigma V2. Yes, it was clearer, more open and neutral. Bass definately loss heft, especially in the upper bass.

I never got around to like the sound, though objectively bettered the V1 in many areas.

I still found the V1 more musical and engaged me, you could also say warmer with less detail, openess and less neutral.

Mar 30, 2023
Украина
yes, I really liked it, the transition of the sound to another level, top, bass, space, transparency and presentation, everything has improved, and I was especially surprised that the improvements are instant and without warming up, although the dealer indicated 400 hours of warming up is a minimum.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Digital Cables are different to Analog Interconnects and finding good Digital cable is not easy.
It seems Acrolink Digital Cables are good because of tight/accurate impedance across the line.

justubes

Aug 10, 2015
Wow, do the Omegas sound warmer than the Sigma V2 and on vocals?

I do use the Acrolinks, 3100, 5100 and 6100 as well as Sigma V1.

They are fuller and warmer and not as resolute as the Sigma V2.

The Sigma V1 are more warm and organic than the Acrolinks, but not as resolute.

They so far match well with my Sigma V1 but not the V2, unfortunately no Omegas that i can test.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2023
Украина
I thought about 6100 from acrolinks, but they are not available to me, I listened for a month, sigma v2 and I liked it, but I bought omega for good luck without listening and didn’t lose, this is a rare case when expectations were lower than the result, now I’m interested in trying their networkers .

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
i'm using a 50 ohm digital cable, the Sigma v2 clock 50 between my Esoteric G1X clock and my Esoteric T1 turntable.

it made an amazing if subtle difference in tt performance. but i never compared it to any other 50 ohm cable. and no, my Wadax digital server and dac don't allow for an external clock, otherwise i would try it there.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) It seems Acrolink Digital Cables are good because of tight/accurate impedance across the line.

Can we know what is exactly meant by this confusing sentence?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing