Seismion - new active isolation platform from Germany

You have a point. Playing a mono track with one speaker is perfectly normal but speaker company can be sensitive about that. If I were them I would be more sensitive and solemnly concerned about my speakers being demoed sitting on a metal plate with wedges underneath.
This answer seems to be off-topic. There won't be any speaker sitting on a metal plate, so what is the point mentioning this...

This answer seems to be off-topic. There won't be any speaker sitting on a metal plate, so what is the point mentioning this...
When @TLi suggested using a metal stand in his post below:
May I suggest that Seismion makes metal stand which is just slightly higher than Altas, find a way to slide the metal stand under the speaker when Altas is off, so the speaker is not standing on Altas.
Your response was:
TLi, that is exactly what our plan is.

So, I learned from you that you're going to use a metal stand. Metal or not it's not important. Placing speakers over a stand is my point. My prior answer is in the center of topic because it directly affects evaluating the effectiveness of seismion. @Kingrex shared his concerns regarding speaker manufacturers' responses about using one speaker and my response was related with that suggesting that there shouldn't be any concern about using one speaker. Maybe all have been misunderstood.

Last edited:
This is Sebastian, I want to add that the main idea of doing this new approach was by Gregor a friend of Aldo (Sigma Acoustics) and Marcus and me. He is taking care of the acoustics in Aldo's listening room. He is well aware of the disadvantages of putting the speakers higher, however, everything is a trade off and one has to decide what gives the best overall result.

His point is that in the exhibition listening rooms it is not possible to play music at higher volumes because of the strong vibrations of the walls and floors and interference respectively. Also it is not possible to reduce low frequency vibration with carpets and light weight wood constructions, only heavy walls and floors would help to reduce their acceleration and sound emission respectively. This is mainly due to structure-borne sound transmission. The idea is to cut this transmission path between the speakers and the floor.

However, it is not possible to do this with a passive isolations system, because the speakers would excite the resonance of the isolator and one would get a forward and backward moving speaker. This would lead to modulations and doppler-effects in the sound basically at 4Hz, which is most critical and audible by the human ear, all not acceptable. Thus we have to use the Seismion Atlas system, which has very high damping and isolation performance and virtually no movement, this you will see at the high-End show - the difference between On and Off.

What we hope to achieve in the listening room at High-End is a perfect bass and midrange reproduction. I also think that the amount of bass won't be affected much by putting the speakers 15cm higher (the speakers have a hight of 185cm), because the bass loudness is significantly affected by the listening volume, I think much much more than by the distance to the floor.

Last edited:
Seismion at the High-End in Munich

We are excited to announce that Seismion has its latest models of active vibration isolators on display at the following rooms:
- Atrium 4.2, F 213: as co-exhibitor with darTZeel
- Hall H 2, H 07 / J 11 as co-exhibitor with Extreme Audio

Beside that, also the New Reference turntable, a result of the cooperation between Thorens and Seismion, will be shown at the Thorens booth
H 3, M06/N05/M06N05

Our isolators are used under various equipment like turntables, DAC's, amplifier and even loudspeakers. We also present some premiers of new products, so please come over to experience what a difference high-quality vibration isolation can make.
We are looking forward to meet you there in person!

Screenshot_20240503_095116_HIGH END.jpgScreenshot_20240503_094857_HIGH END.jpg

Reactions: JEB42 and TLi
Summary of Munich High-End, part 1

Sebastian and I are just back from Munich. It has been a busy week, but overall it was simply a great experience. We were also glad to meet some of you in person and have a closer discussion.
Let's start with the active stabilizer that we placed below the Sigma Acoustics MAAT speaker. In cooperation with Aldo Zaninello we tried for the first time our ATLAS units, which are originally designed for heavy payload systems in semiconductor industry, below his loudspeakers. It started as an experiment with unknown outcome. But very soon all participants realized what a huge improvement the active stabilizers achieved.
The Atlas units serve two functions: isolating the speakers against vibrations from the floor, and more importantly stabilizing them against vibrations generated by the speakers themselves. Typical active vibration isolators known in high-end audio would not be capable to achieve this result, since their active control forces are too small.
Certainly the ATLAS units are overdesigned for this task, but they showed what is possible. The bass was definitely much sharper, and booming was strongly reduced. The introduction of vibrations into the floor was eliminated, which means other objects like chairs, tables and boxes did not resonate. The improvement was so strong that Aldo did not want to miss them for the rest of the show.

In the near future, Seismion will bring out an high-end audio compatible product based on this.

2024-05-09-3778.JPG2024-05-09-3834.JPG

It was so nice to meet Marcus and Sebastian in the show. They brought over 15 isolators and were demonstrated in three rooms.

Major brands like darTZeel, Rockport speaker and Sigma Acoustics were using Seismion isolators. They didn’t get enough to satisfy the demand. The result was undeniable. They didn’t want to turn them off.IMG_3972.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Lavigne
It was so nice to meet Marcus and Sebastian in the show. They brought over 15 isolators and were demonstrated in three rooms.

Major brands like darTZeel, Rockport speaker and Sigma Acoustics were using Seismion isolators. They didn’t get enough to satisfy the demand. The result was undeniable. They didn’t want to turn them off.View attachment 131080
looks familiar. ;) I do know what active can do for the 468's, and the whole signal path to boot. never turn mine off either.

Reactions: TLi

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing