RMAF 2011 - Who's in?

Gary, what are you going to be using for an analog or digital source? I would love to be able to hear a direct comparison of the Playback Designs MPS-5, Dcs Puccini, and EMM CDSE digital front ends at RMAF:).

I'll be bringing my Sonoma and using the PD MPS-5 as the DAC.

Thanks Ken. Yes count me in for dinner Saturday night at BJ's and the GTG in Gary's Genesis room afterward. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

I know that you guys are more used to the French Laundry, but the Bent Fork is a decent, small, local establishment with good steaks at an even better price. Not spectacular by any means. If I'm not there on Sat, remember that they have a small kitchen, so if the group is very large, you may want to tell them not to wait for the entire party's meals to get all served at the same time. I once went there with 15 or so, and a few of the steaks were not as hot as they should have been.

I intend to be at RMAF this year also and hope to come to this dinner! I might go to the one that Mike Lavigne mentioned instead, though, due to its analogue nature. (The intention is there but no tickets booked yet...)

I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys! I met a couple of guys (Bruce, Gary, Myles and his girlfriend, and someone from another forum) last year and would love to put more faces to names.

See you there!

I'm attending, also. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I won't be able to make the dinner, as I've already committed to another dinner. For anyone who hasn't yet made a hotel reservation, I heartily recommend the Hampton Inn & Suites at 5001 South Ulster St., a couple minute walk to the Marriott.

It's too bad you guys can't make it up to (real) Denver for one of Bonanno's (no relation to the crime family) restaurants. He's our celebrity chef. Luca is nice. Ted Turner's got a couple of locations here as well. There is a lot of show in the nice restaurants here. And by show, I mean artistic plating of bland uninteresting food. Bonanno seems to do it right. If you want a legit Colorado experience, i.e. not for the faint of heart, check out Buckhorn Exchange.

Something closer and Mexican: Little Anita's & Las Brisas.

Last edited:
Ken

if you have been following this thread, it looks like we need another 6 spots for people who will be coming for dinner
Only four new adds by my count, Steve: Myles' guest, Len, Mark Seaton and Charles. I have:

Ken
Ken's guest
Steve
Gary
Bruce
jazdoc
Amir
Myles
Myles Guest
Mike
Lee
Mark
Don
Ted
Len White
Rich (possible)
Fernando (possible)
Mark Seaton
Charles

Makes 19. Have I missed anyone?

Would it be possible...

to add my spouse and I to the list of "possibles"?
Did I actually write that :confused::rolleyes:

Sam-Are you going to have blue ink on your face if you arrive for dinner?

Haha...

Sam-Are you going to have blue ink on your face if you arrive for dinner?

Hmm...you've given me an idea, hehe :p
Actually, I just confirmed my break doesn't coincide with this year's RMAF -- misses it by one week :-(

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing