Remodeling almost complete

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
Electrical work was completed today. There's probably another two weeks' worth of work remaining, but it's getting there.

20140117_track.jpg

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Funny thing is that the Soundlabs look kinda puny now. Now that's an accomplishment! :)

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
Funny thing is that the Soundlabs look kinda puny now. Now that's an accomplishment! :)

Thanks to the room being a bit over 22 ft. wide and with a 9 ft. ceiling! And notice how tiny the Atma-Sphere MA-1s look!

I went upstairs a little while ago for a peek after dark. Whoa!

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
Thanks to the room being a bit over 22 ft. wide and with a 9 ft. ceiling! And notice how tiny the Atma-Sphere MA-1s look!

I went upstairs a little while ago for a peek after dark. Whoa!

Nice looking space. Guess it must be time for MA-2's then.;)

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Great room. Pls. have an event during Axpona. I've never heard Sound Labs done right, and I know many folks who have. I'll feel left out.

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
Great room. Pls. have an event during Axpona. I've never heard Sound Labs done right, and I know many folks who have. I'll feel left out.

Peter, you should plan to visit us in the Rosemont 4 room on the third floor. Roger and Connie from Sound Lab will be there as we demonstrate in a large room with Atma-Sphere and some other extremely tasty goodies sure to please.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I would rather hear your set-up. You are the guy who spent the $$$ to build the room. It looks ideal and you are the guy who has months to get it right (not one day). I'll visit Rosemont but I want to hear your real expertise. When I set up a new system it takes me at least three weeks to get it even near the zone :)

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area
Beautiful. The Majestics are one of my favorite speakers.

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area
Except they're U-1PXs, not Majestics. Big enough :D

I know they're the Ultimates by the metal frame... I've just never heard them so I can't comment on the sound :)

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
I would rather hear your set-up. You are the guy who spent the $$$ to build the room. It looks ideal and you are the guy who has months to get it right (not one day). I'll visit Rosemont but I want to hear your real expertise. When I set up a new system it takes me at least three weeks to get it even near the zone :)

I hear you, Peter. But this will take a lot more time than that because the room is new and relatively unfamiliar. Realistically it could be after Axpona before it's fully dialed in. I won't have a system running here during the show, but you're welcome to come check out the space -- Myles has expressed interest in doing that.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
What are the two white boxes in the upper right and upper left ceiling corners of the room?

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
What are the two white boxes in the upper right and upper left ceiling corners of the room?

They will be brown after I've repainted them :)
They are framed and drywalled "cubes" at the terminations of the sound trap enclosures which will be along the upper edges of the room and down in the corners.

Tom B.

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing