Reel Tape find Girl of my Dreams

Gary D

Jun 26, 2011
I remember growing up and watching "The Tonight Show" with Steve Allen .He had this vocalist that had a voice that was breathtaking as a kid I was mesmerized by her power and control.She sang with such a beautiful voice I was hooked.
Years later I would see her live in San Carlos at the Circle Star .She blew up the amplifier what power she had.There was Garland,Streisand and then there was Eydie.

"Eydie in Love" was done soon after she married Steve Lawrence and I think the best album she ever did. Recorded in mid 1958.
With Don Costa arrangements she really shines I have this on cd a Japanese Import which is fantastic but out of print now.
I have been looking for this on tape for years and last week found a copy .I can say it exceeds all my expectations what a voice and sound stage the arrangements are perfect with lots of "strings" , my favorite.
The artwork on the album cover was a highlight and the reel is great also.A lost art as in the 50's album covers were art in themselves.

Eydie.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing