Really cool site about 45RPM record adaptors!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
That's wild and resurrects memories :)

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
All those adapters and the one I have is not on there. I picked it up on a whim when I was at a record store recently.
81dT-k1nJKL._SX425_.jpg

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Hey mate, I noticed that you have a RP1.
That's cool! What cartridge are you using on the RP1? And what phono stage?
Have you ever used any of the Rega phono stages?

I'm currently using the Ortofon 2m black, although I use the 2m blue more often on my RP3 with the Rega Fono. I really enjoy the Rega tt's, they get all the basics right and that sheer musicality is awesome for the price.

I did audition the Michelle gyrodec, Orb and RP8 & 10. I thought it would be far more sensible to start with a more simple tt that lets all the music through and upgrade later if need be. At the moment, I really don't see any point in upgrades at all!

Your mg .5's must sound wonderful with the tt. Have you tried tube amplification?
Where ever I see a Rega tt, I get excited!

Cheers, RJ

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing