QuickSilver Gold contact enhancer coated on the gear's circuit board's connector pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
My bet? No one here will try it (at least, no one who hasn't already done so i.e. one of your group of 39)

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
My bet? No one here will try it (at least, no one who hasn't already done so i.e. one of your group of 39)

We would like just ONE magazine reviewer here to PLEASE step forward and be the first to try this tweak so members here don't think that's going on. You can get some cheap gear off E-bay....

That's fine if you want to wait until all the testing has been done on this tweak much later down the road...two or three years.
THANK YOU

Last edited:

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
Karma, it's been a slice, but I remain conflicted ... like a fisherman who doesn't like anchovies on his pizza ... so to each his/her own.

I'll be abstaining from all further QSG discussions, the floor is yours ...

So, ummm ... good luck to you and all 39 of your "we" contingents. I'm certain that number will grow accordingly.

(said in my most "gentlemanly" tone possible) .
tb1

Last edited:

Whatmore

Jun 2, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
We would like just ONE magazine reviewer here to PLEASE step forward and be the first to try this tweak so members here don't think that's going on. You can get some cheap gear off E-bay....

That's fine if you want to wait until all the testing has been done on this tweak much later down the road...two or three years.
THANK YOU

Why do you want it reviewed?
You and your mates love it, isn't that enough?

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Why do you want it reviewed?
You and your mates love it, isn't that enough?

Sure it's enough but why keep it a secret, nobody will ever believe the improvement this tweak makes coming from someone like us on a forum.

More people needs to know what we have found here.

We are all music lovers here and we believe this tweak will help a lot people out there enjoy their music even more.

We got test this stuff first for about three years to see if any problems happen to our gear.

We don't really care if no magazine reviewers ever reviews this tweak but it would be nice get their feedback though...

The info is here to do this tweak, if nobody wants to try it then that's fine too...it will just remain a secret.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Speaking for myself, why would I want to waste my valuable listening time using cheap audio crap to see if this brillcream makes a difference ? Am I missing something ?

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Let me make one thing very clear here, even after we have tested this stuff for three years with no problems, I still would NOT put this stuff on ANY High End gear period !!...

Only put this stuff on VERY cheap gear period!!, NEVER put it on your High End gear!.............................

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
It's unlikely that the typical member of WBF, who has assembled a high-end audio system, will purchase a lo-fi setup just to test a contact enhancement product. This request may be better served on forums that deal in vintage gear.

Lee

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012

Because we are talking about a lot money here and something could still happen to your High End gear years down the road. Let's say you did try it on your High End gear and six months later you don't like the sound...how in the H*** are you going to get this stuff OFF !!!..NO I would never try this on ANY High End gear!!

Last edited:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
It's unlikely that the typical member of WBF, who has assembled a high-end audio system, will purchase a lo-fi setup just to test a contact enhancement product. This request may be better served on forums that deal in vintage gear.

Lee

Lee , just because there not many Mid-Fi users on this forum doesn't mean there not a lot Mid-Fi users LOOKING on this forum every day.

I bet there many Mid-Fi users looking on this forum thinking if I ever hit the Lottery I'm going to get High End gear...

This forum is just as good place to get the word out as any other forum is, so when this stuff breaks-in good.. the Mid-Fi users that LOOK on this Forum will find out what this tweak really does..

After we have done all the testing on this tweak with no problems, maybe some of the very deep pockets here might try this tweak on their High End "Solid State" gear then, we will see...

I wanted some members here to try this tweak on something cheap because I wanted them to find out what this tweak really does to cheap gear so the other members here don't think I'm just coming on this forum trying to just hype up this tweak...

I hope some of the members here do come forward and try this tweak on something cheap so we can all do this tweak together here...

I would really like to get some feedback from the forum here about this "Amazing Tweak"... that more people should know about...

Have a nice day....

Last edited:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
This QuickSilver GOLD made a nice improvement to my satellite TV picture:)

I started at the satellite Dish and coated all the center pins of the RF cable from the Dish and all connections all the way to the Directv HD receiver. You only want to put a little bit on the tips of the center pins of the RF cable. I almost forgot, I also put this stuff on the metal threads of the ground wire of the RF cable too....

The colors look richer and the TV picture looks a little sharper too, the TV picture looks more filmlike now:)

Last edited:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Is there anything this stuff can't improve !!!

Have you tried it in your engine yet? I'm sure your ride will be smoother and faster

UPDATE: I did find another place to put this stuff on...my 5 year old Pioneer 500M Plasma TV.

I took the back off and put this between all the connections just like my amp and it made a very nice improvement...the colors look richer more filmlike and the blacks look blacker and the TV picture looks a little sharper too.

My TV can't match the light output of OLED TV's but everything else is very close to what you see with OLED TV's now!

We want to test this good for three or four years for any problems so PLEASE DON'T try this yet!!................

UPDATE: I put this stuff inside my Symphonic DVD/CD Player that I bought for $20 years ago and I can't believe the difference it's made to the SOUND!!.......................

I unhooked the flat ribbon cables and put this stuff on the male connector pins with a "toothpick"...you want make sure you coat those male connector pins at the LASER!!!... The flat ribbon cable going to the LASER, you coat both ends at the male connector pins there BUT all the other flat ribbon cables you only coat ONE END at the male connector pins ONLY!! >>>>"IMPORTANT": Make sure you hook back up these Flat Ribbon Cables the same way that you took them off because the CD Player will not work if you hook up these cables the wrong way on these male connector pins!!!<<<< UPDATE: I went back and coated the power supply's metal pins that was sticking up under the power supply there. I also coated the interconnects outputs on the inside of the DVD/CD Player too.

I never LIKED listening to CD's through this thing BEFORE because it sounded SO "BAD" and NOW it sounds SO "SMOOTH" and enjoyable!!:p

UPDATE: I just got out my Tom Petty Greatest Hits CD, this is my "test CD" that I use to see how much improvement today's gear has made, and it sounded very listenable and a joy to hear now!....I can even listen to it up good and loud without wearing ear plugs now:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing