Post your female vocal videos

Rickie Lee Jones, “Chuck E.’s in Love”
45rpm MoFi Master Recordings Gain2

Via Etsuro, Vyger, Pilium, and Alsyvox Botticelli X

Such a voice.

Reactions: DasguteOhr

This actually sounds quite nice.

The Liberty -- Anne Askvik video that you posted a few posts earlier on the other hand sounds hollowed out in the midrange and a bit tipped up.

I know it's not the most natural sounding recording, but here is the original:

Last edited:
You surprise me there Al … shall run it through some better cans and listen again .

Actually, I had edited my post above to be more specific (you quoted the first version of my post).

The difference with the YouTube original is quite stark.

Actually, I had edited my post above to be more specific (you quoted the first version of my post).

The difference with the YouTube original is quite stark.

For a video with all its limitations that's pretty good! I suppose in person it still will sound much better yet.
Indeed, it sounds better in person.
Thank you

Reactions: Al M.
Guilty as charged

Reactions: Rexp

Sorry if this record already posted, I like it too.

Reactions: Bobvin
Reactions: bonzo75
Tang,

I have made clear in the past that my comments are not about the systems themselves, but about the sound quality of the videos. The fact that system videos are not representative of system sound is also obvious from a comparison, posted on WBF, of videos of the same system shot with two different phones, an iPhone and a Samsung. They sounded like two very different systems. So given that, what's the point? Others on WBF have quite emphatically objected to the sound of system videos as well. I am certain that, if I were to shoot a phone video of my own system, the sound would be inferior as well, as I have described it to be from other system videos. So I won't.

But since it appears to so upset you, I promise not to publicly comment on system videos anymore, unless there is a discussion about their general usefulness, initiated by others. Or unless it is about a direct comparison of two components in the same system, with the video shot under, hopefully, identical recording conditions. Regarding those instances I have, repeatedly, said that videos can have some limited usefulness.

As for your comment about my "frequent 2 inches speaker placement change which took you to Valhalla every other month", I fail to see where this is coming from. I never claimed that such changes led me to "Valhalla", only that they did result in worthwhile improvements. The adjective "frequent" in this context is an exaggeration as well. I have also not claimed that my system is the best thing there is, something that on another occasion you claimed was my opinion. On the contrary, I have repeatedly pointed out on WBF that my system has limitations, and my friends know that I say so privately as well. Also, if my system was so perfect, why then would I feel the desire to report on improvements on my system thread? Where would be the logic in that? I am quite puzzled about your distorted view of how I perceive my system.

If you find reading about the changes to my system and setup on my thread boring, you don't need to. Others have indicated that they find my system thread informative. Everyone is entitled to their personal interests and opinions.

Al
In case you haven't figured it out yet, his thread isn't about you or your system. Nor is it about the differences between video's recorded with a Samsung phone vs an iPhone. Personally, I can not understand why anyone would record and post their favourite female voice from a CD or other digital copy as, to my ears, it is so harsh and unpleasant as to put me off ever buying that music but this thread isn't about my likes and dislikes either. It seems to me that the OP is asking us to post telephone recordings of our systems playing female voice (which is a good choice for assessing systems, even from phone recordings).

Reactions: Rexp
Yeah well I am going to bring rock back into it, enough of this sultry lounge singer crap! ( :) smiley face for Ron to assert my congeniality)!

Excellent. Love this!

Personally, I can not understand why anyone would record and post their favourite female voice from a CD or other digital copy as, to my ears, it is so harsh and unpleasant as to put me off ever buying that music but this thread isn't about my likes and dislikes either.

That's the silly complete and utter lack of logic here. Even if you post a video from vinyl playing on a system it is still a digital copy!!! It's a YouTube video after all!

Understood?

And then people go on to explain how you can hear the advantages of vinyl vs digital via a digital YouTube video. Laughable self-contradiction.

That's the silly complete and utter lack of logic here. Even if you post a video from vinyl playing on a system it is still a digital copy!!! It's a YouTube video after all!

Understood?

And then people go on to explain how you can hear the advantages of vinyl vs digital via a digital YouTube video. Laughable self-contradiction.
How many steps are involved? Analogue to digital in phone, then back to analogue in computer/iPad is bad enough, but converting analogue to digital CD, then digital to analogue on home system, then that back into digital on phone, then back to analogue on iPad ... the deterioration of signal through so many steps makes it unlistenable to me.

OP, you said post your vids of female voice here ... didn't say they had to be beautiful, or the same that is played over and over at hi fi shows however, so here is some Janis!

Reactions: bonzo75

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing