Pierre Lurné Audiomeca J1 Turntable & SL5 Tonearm

esiu

Jul 2, 2021
Any J1 or J4 owners here? I need help with the specification of the external power supply. I lost mine during moving! Thank you.

martin778

Oct 2, 2014
Hi guys, the stock power supply is quite crude, just a small transformer, old school bridge rectifier and 2x 1000uF caps.
If you're interested I'm willing to trade pictures for a schematic and adjustment instructions for the main PCB of the J1 ! :)

Hillarysucks

Sep 6, 2021
Hi guys, the stock power supply is quite crude, just a small transformer, old school bridge rectifier and 2x 1000uF caps.
If you're interested I'm willing to trade pictures for a schematic and adjustment instructions for the main PCB of the J1 ! :)
I’m confused.
I posted to the OP that I have the schematic, but he never replied……
What is it you are wanting?

Klick

Nov 24, 2021
I have a J-1 and I need some guidance. The motor slows or even stops at 33rpm. I have to push the power button a couple times, or start in 45 to start the motor. I have the speed adjustment at full just to make 33. Seems to run ok at 45. New belt.

Is the problem with the motor, the power supply, or the controls? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
I have a J-1 and I need some guidance. The motor slows or even stops at 33rpm. I have to push the power button a couple times, or start in 45 to start the motor. I have the speed adjustment at full just to make 33. Seems to run ok at 45. New belt.

Is the problem with the motor, the power supply, or the controls? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome klick to wbf.

Reactions: Klick

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia

Unusual problem.some turntables need a push on the platter to get it going.I think you need to take it to a repair shop"seems a moter problem.hopefully someone can help you out.

Reactions: Klick

Hillarysucks

Sep 6, 2021
Martin
still wondering what it is you are wanting

Hillarysucks

Sep 6, 2021

Have you cleaned, inspected and re-lubed the spindle bearing?

Last edited:

Chop

Aug 9, 2020
England
I had one of these years ago. Eventually the SL5 drove me nuts but it was a beautiful thing. Great to see it mentioned here, even if its because you have a problem!

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
what is the psu requirement? ( voltage and amps)

SkullCrusher

Mar 11, 2024
Arizona
I know this is an old thread and I'm hoping someone knows what motor was used in the J1? I'm pretty sure it's a 24vDC. The motor axel in mine was bent during transportation. I don't know how, as the rest of the table is fine.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing