pictures of my friends REF750

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Steve's gang! jejeje I liked that! :)

Well FWIW, I was talking to my wife last night about a proposed visit to the Philippines and she seems all in. When's the best time of year to visit guys?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Well FWIW, I was talking to my wife last night about a proposed visit to the Philippines and she seems all in. When's the best time of year to visit guys?

That's good news, Steve. Best time I think is from January to early May, when the rainy and typhoon season is not in. March to early May is our summer time too, so those who like the sun will have fun. :)

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi PAPA P.,

Nice to see you posting here. I'm fine, thanks. My apologies for the late reply. I just returned from a trip.

slp

Mar 16, 2012
Mutual friend Cong. Dong has been trying to get me over there for a track day at BRC. I said only if I drive one of his EVOs. I'm cheap about my tires. :D Would love to visit you! The Ultra Eminent is one of my fave carts. Papa P should give Eric L. a holler :)

if you go to BRC you can also visit me. i can even join you for a free BRC use hehe.

slp

Mar 16, 2012
hello PAPA P. definitely i will visit you when the group schedules another visit to your place. the amplifier looks great and i am sure it matches your speaker.

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

This is gonna be FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
This is gonna be FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack, we might need a Mobile Home vehicle to make it more fun to travel. Like those huge roving mobile trucks of yours and Jim's TV network I saw in our village just now. They were shooting a TV show and they set up a mini-village complete with power generator, aircon'ed tent office, mobile restroom and mobile cafeteria. First time for me to see this. :) Awesome.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
Does the Ref 750 generate much heat?

Yes it does w/ regards to the REF 750 but its not a problem because of the airconditioner in his music room. He tried listening w/o the AC and his room became a sauna of some sort.

tdh888

knghifi

Dec 6, 2014
I guess it all depends where you live. Outside temp is 20ºF so I appreciate the heat my Reference 250 generates. It gives me both music and warmth at the same time. :eek: I can close all the registers in the room when amp is on and the room is 33'x25'x15'.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
TdH, please send my regards to Pio. I've not heard from him in a long while.

number95

May 14, 2014
I guess it all depends where you live. Outside temp is 20ºF so I appreciate the heat my Reference 250 generates. It gives me both music and warmth at the same time. :eek: I can close all the registers in the room when amp is on and the room is 33'x25'x15'.

+1

I have Ref 10 pre + Ref 10 phono + Ref 610T. In winters, together they serve as heating for my dedicated listening room which is more than 50 sqr mt. Summertime is another story though, but I do more outdoors at summers anyhow :D

knghifi

Dec 6, 2014
+1

I have Ref 10 pre + Ref 10 phono + Ref 610T. In winters, together they serve as heating for my dedicated listening room which is more than 50 sqr mt. Summertime is another story though, but I do more outdoors at summers anyhow :D
I have an all tubes system too. VAC SigMKIIa Pre and MW Sony HAP-Z1ES.

I was using TRL Samson SS Mono in the summer but was so smitten with the Ref250, I sold them. Samsons are very good but can't imagine going back to SS. Like you, I spend more time outdoors in the summer and don't listen much but probably will shop for a higher quality SS amp.

number95

May 14, 2014
I have an all tubes system too. VAC SigMKIIa Pre and MW Sony HAP-Z1ES.

I was using TRL Samson SS Mono in the summer but was so smitten with the Ref250, I sold them. Samsons are very good but can't imagine going back to SS. Like you, I spend more time outdoors in the summer and don't listen much but probably will shop for a higher quality SS amp.

I may also consider a SS amp in future as tube failures and bias issues may sometimes be annoying in case of Ref 610T. I have listened to some SS amps to consider. So far, I only liked Constellation.

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
TdH, please send my regards to Pio. I've not heard from him in a long while.

I will , my friends & I are going back to his place to adjust his Clearaudio Goldfinger V2 w/ a Kuzma 4 point tonearm mounted in his Kronos table early Feb hopefully. Were going to try to adjust the VTA to 92 degrees using a USB microscope and a laptop w/the program from Michael Fremer's website.

tdh

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing