pictures of my friends REF750

PAPA P.

Mar 8, 2012
Nice speakers...i have heard them a long time ago. Those amps are huge, btw. How's the bass by the way? I recall the bass response on those speakers required an enormously powerful, tightfisted amp to control the bass. If any ARC ref could do this, it would have to be the 750 monos.

Hi lloydelee21! you are right! The 750 can easily produce a bass that we've been looking for. The 610 doesn't sound this good. I'm very happy with the performance.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi lloydelee21! you are right! The 750 can easily produce a bass that we've been looking for. The 610 doesn't sound this good. I'm very happy with the performance.

Fantastic! I am about to post the detailed findings on the KT120s with the CJ ART amps...i'll post in the CJ thread. similar conclusions.

slp

Mar 16, 2012
i hope to listen it to one day when its completely broken in papa p. im sure it matches your b&w but in the picture the size of the 750 is asking for a bigger partner hehehe. congrats papa p.

Last edited:

PAPA P.

Mar 8, 2012
i hope listen it to one day when its completely broken in papa p. im sure it matches your b&w but in the picture the size of the 750 is asking for a bigger partner hehehe. congrats papa p.
hello slp. thanks! Can't seem to guess who you are, :confused::D

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
the friend of the tdh888. i hope to hear it oneday. Congrats!

Papa P.

Welcome to WBF. His our friend in Batangas whose using the Siegfried's driving the Grand Utopia's. By now I guess you know who he is.

tdh888

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Papa P.

Welcome to WBF. His our friend in Batangas whose using the Siegfried's driving the Grand Utopia's. By now I guess you know who he is.

tdh888

I don't but I would sure love to hear that system. I hope he puts up pix in our Members' Gallery

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi slp,

I'm Jack Duavit I don't know if you remember me. I'm Jimmy's brother. I think it was you who lent him the Siegfried for audition? What a guy! Welcome to WBF and yes I hope you post pics :)

dafos

Sep 17, 2010
Hi Steve, compared to some of our more affluent Asian neighbors like Hong Kong, Taiwan or Singapore, the local high end community is relatively small. What some local audiophiles have, however, is the luxury of relatively large, dedicated listening rooms, something that our Audiophile brothers in Asia may not enjoy owing to their smaller living spaces due to higher land values.

And yes, Steve, we'd be most honored and delighted to have you and your gang visit for an audio tour and a massive dose of Filipino hospitality!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
That's right, Steve. That should be fun. There's even a non-stop flight from SFO to Manila. :)

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
I don't but I would sure love to hear that system. I hope he puts up pix in our Members' Gallery

l wil ask slp to post pictures of his system.

tdh888

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Jack

you have some truly amazing systems there in the Philippines and someone out there needs to arrange a tour for all us guys over here

That would be fun!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'll be Jadis' assistant tour guide :) He takes us to the super systems and I take care of where to eat :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'll be Jadis' assistant tour guide :) He takes us to the super systems and I take care of where to eat :)

Sounds good, Jack. At least the first 2 audio venues are easy to set, yours and Jim's, with both your permissions of course. Then we should have a few more to visit. :)

Last edited:

slp

Mar 16, 2012
hello JackD201,
Yes sir. We've met a lot of times and of course i know you. if i am not mistaken you also have my sonic lab ultra eminent. i will try to post some pics but better if you hear it one day...

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Mutual friend Cong. Dong has been trying to get me over there for a track day at BRC. I said only if I drive one of his EVOs. I'm cheap about my tires. :D Would love to visit you! The Ultra Eminent is one of my fave carts. Papa P should give Eric L. a holler :)

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Hi Steve, compared to some of our more affluent Asian neighbors like Hong Kong, Taiwan or Singapore, the local high end community is relatively small. What some local audiophiles have, however, is the luxury of relatively large, dedicated listening rooms, something that our Audiophile brothers in Asia may not enjoy owing to their smaller living spaces due to higher land values.

And yes, Steve, we'd be most honored and delighted to have you and your gang visit for an audio tour and a massive dose of Filipino hospitality!

Steve's gang! jejeje I liked that! :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing