paper thin apartment with talking going through the vents

spiderman1234

Jan 30, 2020
I have a paper thin wall apartment and can hear tenets talking. I tried different white noise like rain etc but I can't fall asleep. I really like when the furnace is on in my apartment but when I record it. It does not sound the same. Is there a audio recorder that would come close to sound the same and what speakers would you recommend to go with it?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I am completely @ lost. Sleep is important, they sell devices to stop external disruptive uncomfortable negative unhealthy unpeaceful sounds. Apartments with thin walls are like ... being in a jail cell with the lights on and screams all night long. Best is to move out of there and find a peaceful sanctuary. It is the least one can do for his own mental and physical health.
Short of that might as well pitch your tent up a mountain or in the desert.

spiderman1234

Jan 30, 2020
hmm I was looking for a recorder that would sound just like the furnace noise. I am wondering is that impossible? I used my cell but it didn't sound the same.,,

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I'd look into building code and see if it's lawful. There is probably some amount of sound insulation required between units by code.

Brucemck2

Member Sponsor
May 10, 2010
Houston area
Try soft foam earplugs rated NRR 32 or higher. Make sure to insert them completely.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing