Ordering a Bokrand Tonearm

If it was a Ponzi scheme, then there wouldn’t be so many satisfied customers, and deliveries of arms and refunds where required wouldn’t have happened.
Many of us understand the problem Alfred finds himself in, and though much of it is of his own doing, by clearly overpromising, it is also sad to see health problems crush a guy’s later years. You clearly don’t get what this is all about as you got an arm, yet still post like you want to see the guy hang. What a paradigm of the audiophile you are.

did you actually order an arm because you could get it quickly, or because of the fantastic reviews of what the arm is? Why did you order one in the first place??

Reactions: Tomcat1969
If it was a Ponzi scheme, then there wouldn’t be so many satisfied customers, and deliveries of arms and refunds where required wouldn’t have happened.
Many of us understand the problem Alfred finds himself in, and though much of it is of his own doing, by clearly overpromising, it is also sad to see health problems crush a guy’s later years. You clearly don’t get what this is all about as you got an arm, yet still post like you want to see the guy hang. What a paradigm of the audiophile you are.

did you actually order an arm because you could get it quickly, or because of the fantastic reviews of what the arm is? Why did you order one in the first place??
You don’t understand how a Ponzi works. In the end it collapses as this one has done leaving the late comers with nothing but regrets. You are naive and unsophisticated in the way of the world. This is my final comment.

In a true Ponzi scheme youn ever get anything except the newest members money. The fact that you actually got a tonearm means it's not a Ponzi scheme/ It sounds like an old fashioned bankruptcy.

You don’t understand how a Ponzi works. In the end it collapses as this one has done leaving the late comers with nothing but regrets. You are naive and unsophisticated in the way of the world. This is my final comment.
Hello dear audiophile non-friend,

that you accuse me of a snowball system is an INSUMPTION of yours and hasn't been proven by anything. I could just as well assume from YOU that you sneak around the houses at night and look in the bedroom windows

Please also: Assumptions and insinuations have no place in a serious conversation.that should be self-evident for every reasonable person. It is for me and always has been

Are you sure you know how a snowball system works? I don't think so. a company or seller, like me, who constantly has income from which he pays for the material and his expenses, as well as all costs, this is a completely normal business. Well, the money is in the bank (Ebay) and suddenly the bank says ( Ebay) we do not pay out your credit and you are not allowed to sell any new goods either (like Ebay did by canceling all my current offers and no longer allowing me to post new ads) Ebay had no reason for it was the reaction to a complaint, which was not. The customer received his tonearm and closed the complaint to ebay at his bank. Ebay has not closed this complaint to this day. I only got meaningless robot answers to my many inquiries. Now I ask you: how is a company (or I) supposed to get out of this current situation. The money in the bank: lost. No more recruiting new customers. So where do you get the money to buy material, to cover costs in order to fulfill the existing contracts. A snowball system is structured differently. My situation can affect anyone, even big banks like CREDIT SUISSE. can you name a person who has proven to have lost their money with me? no? then you shouldn't talk about a snowball system either. as you write yourself, you got your tone arm in the end, didn't you? I have an extra open letter (statement Ebay and moratorium) placed in the forum so that my customers can understand how it all came about at the moment. Who lets their pants down like me in public? I have no problem with always telling the truth. We are all only human and not perfect. none!! Are you perfect? Yes? Congratulations, I'm not.

In a true Ponzi scheme youn ever get anything except the newest members money. The fact that you actually got a tonearm means it's not a Ponzi scheme/ It sounds like an old fashioned bankruptcy.
Hello,

it's not bankrupt yet, i just need some time to satisfy all customers in the end, that's why i sent these statements to my ebay customers and my customers off ebay

Ebay statement

i have been selling my tonearms since 2013 and here on ebay since march 2019. all customers have received their tonearm and no one has lost their money with me. the only complaints here on ebay were always because of the long delivery times, which were not intentional on my part were made, but because of my illness (I'm 74 years old) now ebay has ruined me for no reason. I had a complaint from the USA that the customer had not yet received his tonearm. I settled it immediately with the customer in all friendship and sent him the arm. he confirmed receipt. since the customer had not opened the complaint on Ebay (the complaint period of 30 days had passed), he had opened the complaint via his payment service provider (Paypal/Bank) I then asked the customer to to close the complaint because ebay had blocked my balance on my ebay account and was no longer making any payments. but i always need the money to buy new material for ongoing production. The customer immediately closed the complaint with his payment service provider and sent me the confirmation from his bank (see attached image) Despite my many phone calls to ebay (very long and expensive) and the receipt and emails from the customer confirming that he was happy with the delivery, ebay has not released the money to me (a large amount) Instead, ebay kept my money and still hasn't closed the complaint. Furthermore, ebay has removed all my offers and blocked my account. Since I have no financial reserves and have only ever lived off the small profit from my tonearms, I was not able to buy new material for the production. Ebay intentionally damaged my business (is a punishable offense in Germany and is in the penal code) For this reason, I ask all my customers to open a complaint on ebay because of non-delivery. If the complaint period on ebay is over, you have the option (up to 6 months) to open the complaint with your financial service provider (Paypal, bank ect) This is how you get your money back. I'm sorry about my customers, but I have no other option in the current situation. I still have to sell some tonearms to survive, but outside of ebay Please let me know if you don't get your money back for any reason, I will of course refund it. Since ebay brought me into this situation, ebay should first take responsibility for it. That's what buyer protection is for. I'm sorry for all my customers, but at the moment I have no other option.

Moratorium with my customers

the delivery of more than 30 tonearms is still open (16 on ebay and about 17 outside of ebay) that's impossible to do in a few days. i'm a one-man business and do everything on my own with great attention to detail and everything with the highest quality precision.otherwise my tonearms would not be rated so extremely highly by my customers worldwide.there is only one way i can get out of this disaster.

Every day I get emails from my customers: where is my tonearm? The whole thing took such a toll on me mentally and physically (I'm 74 now) that I got serious heart problems and had to go to the emergency room several times. Only yesterday again.

there is only one solution to this problem. They give me 8 weeks to reorganize myself all customers get their money back or their tonearm in about 8 weeks. I've been self-employed since I was 21 and lost all my money in a big investment. I don't get any pension or any other payment. I live on the small profit I have on the tonearms. Everyone knows what all the parts are for a complete tonearm and that my selling price is far too low to make a big profit. Ebay alone collects 13% commission from above, that's 26% from below, with a 50/50 calculation (50 material, 50 gross profit) That means I have 24 euros out of 50 euros. I was therefore unable to build up any reserves from the sale of the tonearms and I also have no security for a bank loan. Absolutely no assets available. I lost everything in a large investment in Germany.

Therefore I need some time to accumulate the money for my clients. Since I will now bring 2 patents to the crowdfunding platform INDIEGOGO, I see no problem in getting enough money for all repayments together.. If all customers of a bank want to withdraw their money together, then the bank will go bankrupt, no bank can do that (see Credit Suisse in Switzerland, when many customers withdrew their money at once)

The buyers outside of Ebay now give me 8 weeks to reorganize myself and after 8 weeks give you your tonearm or alternatively to deliver your money. I will now present 2 of my patented digital adjustment tools for tonearms on the crowdfunding platform INDIEGOGO and I am absolutely sure that I will get enough money for the future without any problems.

here are the 2 youtube links for my digital adjustment tools for tonearms

https://youtu.be/h-o8dAwwDtE

https://youtu.be/-irM_vn7PTQ

You will not find any note on the entire internet that a customer has lost his money with me. I have been an absolutely correct businessman for over 50 years. You will only find notes about my late deliveries (due to my months of illness, where I was not able to work fully) I hope that you understand my situation and that you appreciate my honest and open letter.

Reactions: Tomcat1969
I don't want to debate the meaning of bankruptcy.
Here is wishing you good health financially and physically.

Reactions: Artnet
Glad it’s your final comment, because your projections are painful to witness. Again, go listen to some nice music. Your insults just dig the hole deeper.

Last edited:
I am lucky to have received my tonearm from Alfred, and it is certainly a fantastic value for money. Ebay can be quite random. I had been buying and selling (mostly buying) on Ebay right from the beginning of the service until two years ago, when they suddenly banned me. I could not find any reason, and in fact, it happened after a period of inactivity for 6 months. My last transaction was for buying an audio analyser from Japan, and it went smoothly. The last time I sold anything was like 5 years ago. All my ratings were positive, and I had not heard any complaint from any seller. I wrote to Ebay for an explanation and got a boiler template about having violated their regulations, but they were not able to reveal the reason, and that the revocation was not subject to appeal. Well, less business for them then.

finally moved over my Reference from IKEDA 407 to Alfred Bokrand AS309 banana DaVa edition in Groovemaster VTA lifter
only uncertain parameter is armcable difference; Bokrand one piece cable vs ML/RedRose stripped silver Litz with Duelund plastic free RCA plugs.......
Bokrand combo seems more mellow/less detailed and less dynamic, but still very rhythmic and musical
need to get some hours on it though
bass weight is very good
the IKEDA might be slightly colored/emphasized on the analytical side

Last edited:
Reactions: Argonaut
finally moved over my Reference from IKEA 407 to Alfred Bokrand AS309 banana DaVa edition in Groovemaster VTA lifter
only uncertain parameter is armcable difference; Bokrand one piece cable vs ML/RedRose stripped silver Litz with Duelund plastic free RCA plugs.......
Bokrand combo seems more mellow/less detailed and less dynamic, but still very rhythmic and musical
need to get some hours on it though
bass weight is very good

ikeda has good weight and midrange, how does that compare

Whilst I wait for construction of a tonearm, --I understood the implications of Alfred's solo working when I ordered -- he made me a wonderful sounding SME type extender with solid silver conductors for use with Decca heads. Music is full of life with this on the end of an unserviced FR24 MKII. (I removed the plastic plugs from the original (copper wired) tonearm cable in favour of KLEI RCA's which also helps open out the sound. I am delighted by the dynamics and force of music with this combination, and look forward to still more detail passed through a finished AB arm. I should check if I ordered silver inner wire for the arm. Enjoy music.

Attachments

• IMG_E6599.JPG
    IMG_E6599.JPG
    668.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_E6601 B.jpg
    IMG_E6601 B.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_E6602.JPG
    IMG_E6602.JPG
    613 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: Argonaut
I am very frustrated with my order which I fully paid on January. Alfred has emailed the explanation which has been shared in this thread. He expects funds from indiegogo project which has as of now only one backer! I share it as maybe people may be interested in it.

I hope I can get a refund on my tonearm as I have already invested in another one. Waiting for over 8 months with no delivery date on the horizon is enough for me...

Reactions: JH_No and mtemur
Got mail from Alfred where he said shipping is booked tuesday 12th. I really really hope it is for real this time. Ordered and paid 27th of october last year. Update will follow.

20230904_120625.jpeg

Attachments

• 20230904_120653.jpeg
    20230904_120653.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 20230904_120710.jpeg
    20230904_120710.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 20230904_120740.jpeg
    20230904_120740.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: Janik
Congrats on getting your arm. I think you have mated it with a EMT cart, hope it turns out the way you like. Great vintage Denon too :)

About Alfred though, if he is able to deliver new orders why does not he fulfill older orders!?!

Reactions: mtemur
About Alfred though, if he is able to deliver new orders why does not he fulfill older orders!?!
why should he do fulfill orders when there are many defenders around?

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing